If you are in business you build Powerpoint presentations. (decks) And if you are looking for inspiration or some of the latest data to be gathered and broadcast you'd better get on over to SlideShare.net. And beyond providing you with some amazing information, it can provide you with more readers and a broader audience. Put your content out there beyond the page and see where that takes you.
I wrote two posts recently that I illustrated in Powerpoint. (my favorite quick mockup and quick charting tool – on the Mac, anyway) And then in addition to putting the screen grabs on uber.la, I made the presentations/illustrations available on Slideshare. Here are the stats from yesterday on these two presentations.
So over 400 additional people (okay, maybe 50% of those didn't come directly from my blog links) so over 200 people looked at my presentations on Slideshare. And 7 people even thought my Twitter Exploded presentation might be useful in their next presentation. That's pull. That's connectivity. That's casting a wider net for your content.
So if you have created something of value in Powerpoint, and you have the rights to share it, then Slideshare is your friend.
Check out our new Social Media Strategies for Business page.
A good starting point: The 8 Rules of PowerPoint in Marketing
The Disciplines of Social Media:
- The 10th Discipline of Social Media; Socializing Your Content Effectively
- The 9th Discipline of Social Media: Listening. Building Your Social Media Dashboard
- The 8th Discipline of Social Media; Tagging with Delicious, ReFinding Your Links
- The 7th Discipline of Social Media; KLOUT, the New Measure of Influence
- The 6th Discipline of Social Media: Slideshare Is Great for Marketing
- The 5th Discipline of Social Media; Story, Voice, and Connective Threads
- The First 4 Disciplines of Social Media: Google Analytics, Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter
My Slideshare.net profile: jmacofearth