I have actually created The Digital Strategist's Notebook page.
A friend of 15 years told me yesterday, "Dude, you are the shit with this social media stuff. Thank you for that post." I was struck by two things: 1. my friend did not really understand what I did for a living or why I blogged; 2. the information here on uber.la could and should improve my friend's business.
So, how can I get you to listen? What can I do to show my good will and intention in writing this blog on "social media strategy?"
I have a dream. It is a dream of your success at what ever you do. And if there are ways that I can help, personally or professionally, I will do it. I am a connector and a communicator. There is no catch. I am writing this blog for you and your business success using social media. Everything else is a fringe benefit. If we become friends that is the greatest benefit of all.
Here are the best starting points for small business:
The Disciplines of Social Media Free e-Book
The beginnings of a strategic plan to coordinate your social media efforts and focus on results?
And if I could only give you TWO POSTS to read, here they are:
Quick Course in Online Marketing: Big Picture (Social Media, Search Engine Marketing, eMail Marketing, Content Marketing) A look at the large forces of online marketing should help provide a framework for how social media fits into and accelerates the other kinds of online marketing.
Now go out and engage and dream a bigger dream. If you have any questions, I'm here to help.
Other posts to help you kick ass in social media:
- Twitter 101: Hashtag Discovery & Business: How-To Do Social Media Marketing Research
- Social + Media: Two Simple Words Combined (and the Skechers Social Media Showdown)
- My Dream for You; How Social Media Can Change Your Life – This Is What I Do
- Results of my 2012 Evolutionary Online Marketing Plan: Um, Excuse Me, Are You Listening?
- The Forced Evolution of Twitter
- The 7 Connective Practices of a Tribe – How To Build and Support Shared Plans
- Social Media Workflow: What's Your Daily Cadence for Sharing on Social Networks [infographic]
- Let's Talk About Your Evil Plan(tm) – Yeah, But What Else Are You Doing?
- The Quick Course in Online Marketing: Big Picture (Social Media, Search Engine, eMail, Content Marketing)
- New Web Design Standards: Flexible-Width and non-IE Browsers Abound
- 8 Steps Getting Social Media To 5 Goals & 2 Wins the [INFOGRAPHIC]
- ROI ROI ROI and Social Media; We Need to Have This Discussion Again
- Pinterest and the Power of Social Bookmarking: Tag Yourself (Web Design is Dead)
- Social Media MBA – The Reading List
Most people don't really enjoy being mean; they do it because they can't help it. (from Graham's Hierarchy of Disagreement)