It's happened again, the open tabs in my browser have completely outstripped my time to follow down each rabbit hole of content. So I am capturing the what and why here in hopes that some of these topics may be of interest to you as well.
A New Breed? 7 Roles of the Content Marketing “Engineer” LINK
According to a research report by Junta42 and MarketingProfs, the number one content marketing challenge is producing engaging content. It’s an age-old marketing truism that the key to engaging customers is relevance, which comes from a deeper understanding of customer behavior and sentiment.
10 Amazing Blogging Insights Your Analytics Can Tell You LINK
That's fantastic, since we know businesses that blog more than 20 times per month generate 5 times more traffic than businesses that blog fewer than 4 times per month (they also generate 4 times more leads than businesses that don't blog at all!).
What are The Key Behaviors of Top Social Media Influencers? LINK
I’m not at all sure that great content is the decisive factor – though having good content is important. As the Atlantic said yesterday: good writing is not enough to sell a book.
Social Factor Gives Great Strategy for Social Media LINK
All of the tweeting and likes in the world won’t help your business unless they are the result of a targeted social media marketing plan.
CES 2012: The five biggest surprises thus far, ZDNet LINK
1. Polaroid’s Android camera; 2. Samsung Galaxy Note; 3. Sony Google TV set-top box; 4. CES 2012 becomes the Nokia show; 5. Intel tackles smartphones
Google May Have Made The Worst Mistake In Its History This Week LINK
Just because Gizmodo said BING! just became it's favorite search engine or not, there was some serious flack thrown at Google's Search business this week. What do you think?
OPINION: Why Tech is Boring: According to David Pogue, the technology writer for the new york times, CES 2012 was about flat-screen tvs, android notebooks and phones. If you are in the market for a tv or a phone or a tablet I guess it might have held some allure. But most of us have phones, tvs and tablets (or at least laptops). So CES was so boring that even the coverage was boring. If ZDNet can't make the story entertaining, there could be a problem. Maybe having Steve Balmer as the keynote was starting off on the foot that was asleep.
Keep it social and let me know if I can help socialize your business results.
Check out the Social Media for Business page and these other posts about learning social media:
- How to Get Useful Business Information Out of Twitter: Hashtags for Social Media Research
- The Twitter Bubble; Don't Let Your Followers Fool You Into Feeling Influential
- Twitter Signal to Noise Ratio: Trying to Find Meaning & Losing Friends
- YouTube Video Marketing Results: Traffic Up, One Breakout Hit (CHART)
- Social Marketing Strategy: Thinking Beyond the Page (VIDEO)
- Social Network Content Marketing Tactics: Using LinkedIN Groups (VIDEO)
- YouTube Video Marketing with Social Media: Reporting 3 Weeks of Results
- What's Working Really Well in Social Media Marketing? (CHART)
- Google Analytics for Online Marketing in Less Than 2 Minute (VIDEO)
- How Can a Social Media Strategist Help Your Business? (VIDEO)