Improve Your Writing by Avoiding These Twenty Common Grammar Mistakes Almost Everyone Makes (Lit Reactor)
When should you use "who" or "whom"? "Which" or "that"? You don't need to be a grammar geek or a professional writer to want to know.
Google Knowledge Graph Could Change Search Forever (Mashable)
Google’s future search engine will not only understand your lake question but know a lake is a body of water and tell you the depth, surface areas, temperatures and even salinities for each lake.
Twitter, Facebook and app scams: who cares about fake followers? (The Gardian)
Preventing scams is critical for social networks – but no one seems very interested in identifying bogus fans or followers
My previous take on this subject: Twitter Bot Network Invades Social Media for Business: How BotNets Work (Uber.la)
Should you contact the Media in Social Media? (Forbes)
In the age of social media, everyone wants to know the rules for contacting the media. Can you message or IM journalists on social media platforms alongside tweets about latte and scones, or photos of their family, or only use work email and phone?
The 5 Mistakes That Nearly Killed My Career (And Can Save Yours) Terry Starbucker
“They can’t see the scoreboard? What, ARE YOU KIDDING ME?” That was the bomb that nearly killed my career.
Klout Myth Busters: Thoughts From the Experts (Search Engine Journal)
I have heard so many crazy things about Klout and I am seeing the same myths repeated over and over again. So, I asked some of the leaders in our industry some questions related to the Klout myths I see often.
The Hidden Secret To Managing Your Identity On The Internet (Tweetsmarter)
Google has a search engine devoted just to you. It’s true. And Google changed how it works just a few weeks ago. It’s based on tracking your identity on the web.
Social Media as Community (NY Times)
Living alone is only common in cultures where prosperity makes this arrangement economically feasible. However, this has not slowed arguments that social media is increasingly a part of these same prosperous societies, and that this new tool is responsible for a growing trend of social isolation and loss of intimacy.
Great Debate lost: Do you think every student will eventually have an iPad? (ZD Net)
If Apple offered educational discounts and we put our money where our mouth is we could get iPads into the system.
Pinterest More Than Shoes, Skirts and Happy Kitty Pictures < Is It A Social Network? (Uber.la)
Pinterest has a few problems that you should know about. // IF you believe all you read, you might think that Pinterest is the greatest thing since Facebook. It's not. It's good. It's fun. It is continuing to capture the hearts and minds of consumers and social media pundits alike.
The PINTEREST CORNER (so many links I can't even describe them)
- Is Pinterest More Than Shoes, Skirts, and Happy Kitty Pictures? < But Is It A Social Network? (Uber.la)
- Pinterest and the Power of Social Bookmarking: Tag Yourself (Web Design is Dead) (Uber.la)
- The Bastardization of Pinterest Has Begun – A Rant (Dan Perez Films)
- Pinterest Drives more Traffic than LinkedIn and Google Plus (Jeff Bullas)
- Know Your Internet: What Is Pinterest and Why Should I Care? (The Atlantic)
- Pinterest Partner: Yes, They’re Making Money from Pins (Mashable)
- Social CRM: Should Pinterest pique your interest? (My Customer)
- Why 2 Million Ladies ‘Heart’ Pinterest On Facebook (All Facebook)
OPINION: Golden Globes, Academy Awards and now the Grammys are all done. Whitney Houston died with her entourage in a hotel room in Beverly Hills at 48 years old. And social media has increased it's powerful influence into these awards and into the reporting within the Main Stream Media. OKAY. Does that make the public barameter of Twitter more powerful than critics from Adweek (on the Super Bowl ads) and more influential than Rolling Stone (on popularity and culture)? I think the answer is YES. Social networks from Facebook (though it is harder to register facebook influence) to Twitter to Google Plus and even the newest social darling Pinterest, are pushing powerful numbers of people towards popular opinion making. And the numbers are in and they are HUGE. Retail and Online sales are highly influenced and driven by online social sharing. We have arrived. We still have a long way to go.
Check out these other posts about kicking ass in social media:
- Little Blog Marketing Metrics: Insights & Recommendations – Google Analytics Numbers
- The RIP Storm: Whitney Houston's Death Shows the Agility of Social Networks
- Crazy Little Thing Called Love: If You Can't Say Something Nice… Well, Shout It
- Sh*t Social Media Strategists Say (the viral version)
- Another SXSW – Another Dollar; Unless Somebody Else Is Paying, I'm Not Going
- Mental Jujitsu: Nothing Ever Works Out, Get Over It and Get to Work
- Fixing Pinterest in One Slide – Improving the Usability of the Fastest Growing Site in Social Media
- Love, Valentine's Day Marketing, and Computers: Dell vs. Apple Marketing
- Social Media MBA – The Reading List
- Pinterest and the Power of Social Bookmarking: Tag Yourself (Web Design is Dead)
- The ROI of Social Media – It’s Easy, Right? (return on investment)