One of the things I do during the day, to keep my mind engaged in my blog business, is check the real-time stats. I'm currently using Gaug.es, but have been happy with Chartbeat and Google Analytics Real-time Beta. (Overview of Alternatives to Google Analytics)
Here's the six-step process I go through when an older post shows up in the real-time stream.
If someone has searched for and found an older piece of content, it is likely that it can be refreshed and brought back into the stream of your content. It's all about being found and continuously serving up valuable content.
Other posts about kicking ass in social media:
- RE: The Death of Pay Per Click Advertising (PPC): Not So Fast, Let's Examine
- Web Referrals: Know Your Metrics, Know Your Tools – Evaluating Google+
- 6 Step Twitter Growth Process: Results +753
- Let's Talk About Your Evil Plan(tm) – Yeah, But What Else Are You Doing?
- The Quick Course in Online Marketing: Big Picture (Social Media, Search Engine, eMail, Content Marketing)
- New Web Design Standards: Flexible-Width and non-IE Browsers Abound
- 8 Steps Getting Social Media To 5 Goals & 2 Wins the [INFOGRAPHIC]
- ROI ROI ROI and Social Media; We Need to Have This Discussion Again
- Pinterest and the Power of Social Bookmarking: Tag Yourself (Web Design is Dead)
- Social Media MBA – The Reading List
See all of the Social Media Marketing Videos on the Social U. page.