Unintentional Trolling 4-3-12: Oh sorry, I tweeted with @dellcares included and the "staff" arrives shortly thereafter.
Update 3-30-12: At end of page, DELL goes 24 x 7 on Twitter. It's big news. And this from my web analytics a minute ago, gives me grins.
+++ original post +++
It's bugged me for a long time. Since Dell changed their support ID to @dellcares I've been interested to see what was up. Well this is the Twitter page as of today, 3-22-12.
At a social media breakfast meeting this morning, Peter Kim was talking about social media experiements that tried to keep the conversation within working business hours. He called it, "Wells Fargo Hours," as WF was used as an example of a business trying to constrain social media outreach to working hours.
I spoke up about @dellcares and their posted hours. A Dell-io in the audience spoke up that they were now 24/7 on Twitter.
A quick pull of the @dellcares page shows that… um… no they're not. At least not "as advertised."
So how does Dell, one of the biggest brands working social media for all it's worth, try to post their "working hours" on their Twitter account? This is the company that has spent a good deal of money, and created a good deal of fanfare around their Listening Center. So how is it, @dellcares, that you post your HOURS? For Twitter? For a global company? Dell knows better.
I'm guessing that someone from Dell will see me posting this story and attempt an answer. The better answer, Dell, if you are "listening" is to remove these silly CST hours from your Twitter page. The internet doesn't run on CST, no matter how badly Round Rock would like us to think so.
Thank you for listening to my rant about Dell trying to have "Wells Fargo Hours." I hope we can make some changes in the system both for Dell and for business in general. It all begins with awareness. So, good afternoon, @dellcares, you are now aware that there is a problem. (IMHO)
UPDATE 3-30-12: Dell twitter support updates their hours. YAY!
Other posts about kicking ass in social media:
- Twitter ROI Breakthrough: Can Small Business Use Twitter to Make Money?
- RE: The Death of Pay Per Click Advertising (PPC): Not So Fast, Let's Examine
- 6 Step Twitter Growth Process: Results +753
- Let's Talk About Your Evil Plan(tm) – Yeah, But What Else Are You Doing?
- The Quick Course in Online Marketing: Big Picture (Social Media, Search Engine, eMail, Content Marketing)
- 8 Steps Getting Social Media To 5 Goals & 2 Wins the [INFOGRAPHIC]
- ROI ROI ROI and Social Media; We Need to Have This Discussion Again
- Social Media MBA – The Reading List
See all of the Social Media Marketing Videos on the Social U. page.