Yeah, so I haven't been advertising my Thursday morning virtual coffees. But if you're in one of my extended circles on Google+ you've gotten the invites via Google+. Only problem is, you have to be online to see them. But I'm still doing them.
Tomorrow's coffee hangout will be at 7:00 am – 8:00 am (CST) here's a timezone conversion table (No reservations necessary, but I'd love to hear from you if you WANT to come, or would like these to be at a different time.) Only the first 7 other participants can get in, but I've averaged 2 – 3 folks, so don't worry.
Just show up and hangout. And enjoy your coffee and tell us about what you're working on.
I'm having less luck these days with PUBLIC hangouts. There seem to be a lot of trolls from foreign countries, commonly men lying on their beds. They don't speak (perhaps they don't understand English – that's okay) they sometimes wave, but often they have some odd loud noise in the background, TV or radio, and it disrupts the entire hangout. You mute them, they unmute, and then you block them. Oh well, just like in real life, there are trolls and there are lurkers.
Overall, my experience with Google Hangouts has been fantastic. I've experienced a few processor load problems when several people are sharing their screens, or if I am sharing my screen. But then I'm trying to push a lot of pixels though the stream.
I think the Google+ experience is complex. It's not Facebook by any stretch of the imagination. And I can say a hearty, thank goodness. We don't need another social media tyrant.
Get to know Google+, hit me up in a circle, and then join me for coffee tomorrow. It's always good conversation about social media and marketing, and… depending on your brewer, it's usually good coffee.
Learning the social web, one app, one site, one concept at a time.
See ya tomorrow morning. Right?
Writing the best info I can about social media, get ya some more:
- Going Global and Going Virtual: Are You Ready for What's Next in Agency Models?
- There is Never Enough Time To Get Everything Done: So… What's Your Plan?
- You Don't Have To Start Learning Google+, But You're Gonna Fall Behind
- Social Media is Only Part of the Online Marketing Mix
- Authority and the Speeding Train of Project Leadership
- Positive Momentum: How Do You Generate Your Forward Thinking?
- White Boarding – Learning To Think with Your Hands
- Truth, Transparency, and Trust: How Do We Establish Our Connection?
- Positive Forces: Delayed, Deflected, Divorced, Distracted, But Not Deterred
- Plussing or Dividing: How Are You Showing Up in the World?
- Dear Graduate – a Toolkit for Learners and Job Hunters
- Expert Not Found – Social Media is About Being a "Student" not a "Guru"
Most people don't really enjoy being mean; they do it because they can't help it. (from Graham's Hierarchy of Disagreement)