We've got resources all over the planet with various expertise. The problem is no longer the collaboration software, or systems. There are fewer barriers today to creating a new global AND virtual marketing agency. What's lacking is the connections, the trust network, the brainpower to figure out how to wire up the systems from end-to-end and start doing business.
Here's my roadmap. What am I missing? What other obstacles are in our way? What are the resources we have in abundance here in Austin, Texas, that may not be available globally? And what about the billing rates? Is outsourcing "everything" really the best option?
I've got the toolbox and the skills. I know some people and you know some people. What's next?
It's probably easy to write this post off as philosophical or theoretical thinking. But I believe the tools for connecting us in a fundamentally new way, are almost free. The possibilities boggle the mind when you start digging in and trying to figure it out.
Other posts to help you kick ass in social media:
- There is Never Enough Time To Get Everything Done: So… What's Your Plan?
- You Don't Have To Start Learning Google+, But You're Gonna Fall Behind
- Social Media is Only Part of the Online Marketing Mix
- Authority and the Speeding Train of Project Leadership
- Positive Momentum: How Do You Generate Your Forward Thinking?
- White Boarding – Learning To Think with Your Hands
- Truth, Transparency, and Trust: How Do We Establish Our Connection?
- Positive Forces: Delayed, Deflected, Divorced, Distracted, But Not Deterred
- Plussing or Dividing: How Are You Showing Up in the World?
- Dear Graduate – a Toolkit for Learners and Job Hunters
- Expert Not Found – Social Media is About Being a "Student" not a "Guru"
Most people don't really enjoy being mean; they do it because they can't help it. (from Graham's Hierarchy of Disagreement)