My 2013 Social Media Manifesto
Some people say I Facebook too much.
They may be right.
They can go to hell, unFriend, and unsubscribe. I am not here to be easy or calm. I am here to upset the status-quo. I am here to voice strong opinions, hopefully with entertaining creativity and logic. Sometime I fail that goal.
I have an affinity for the f-bomb. I'm sorry about that. Now fuck off. (Oops. But we are all adults here.)
I know that I am an acquired taste. I come in many flavors: Facebook if I know you, Twitter if I don't. Uber.la if you're working the web in any way. Pinterest if you want to see the images and infographics that get my goat. Posterous if you want a toned down highlights version. FriendFeed if you want EVERYTHING ALL THE TIME.
Mostly I talk about technology (apple/dell/microsoft/google/adobe) and social media (how-to, metrics, roi). But I occasionally get self-indulgent, as in this post. That's me. In the Song of Myself from Walt Whitman, he summarizes my self-assessment.
I am large, I contain multitudes.
If I contradict myself, then I contradict myself.
I hope the coming year (2013) brings you great success and happiness. And I hope that for myself as well.
If there's anything I can do for you, just ask. I help friends for free. (Really, I do! Or for the price of a cup of coffee.)
So, social media is my television. When I am interested in connecting or being entertained I grab an iOS device or my Mac and hit the web. When I have no access it's almost as if a part of my creative brain is shutdown. I make due, but it's a bit too quiet for my tastes. I'm tuning in and participating.
What are you watching?
More for your LEARN box of social media:
- Getting Your Analytics Right: Gaug.es Earns My Money By Saving Me Time
- Human Capital Over Process Improvement: The Cost of Being a Sweatshop
- Apple vs. Dell: Best Tech Rants of 2012
- The Unsubscribe From This List Game: Dear Guitar Center… WTF?
- Apple's Little Secret (all iOS devices) The Black Screen of Death
- Plenty Conversing, Not Enough Converting(tm) – Social Media ROI – The 2013 Business Challenge
- The Economy of Stolen iPhones: How Apple and ATT Could But Don't Prevent Reactivation
- Twitter Strategies: a: "team follow-back" b: follow everyone c: be a good tweeter
- The Top Social Media Posts of 2012
- The Problem with PC Sales: Dell's Christmas SALE, After Christmas SALE, New Years SALE
- Real Business Problems with Social Media: Are You Experienced?
- Now It Is Personal: American Airlines Customer Service & Emergency Policies @AmericanAir
- My Gaming Brain: What I Learn, Learned, Am Learning Playing Games
- Dell's "New Way to Shop" for Computers? WHAT? #FAIL
- Who Are You Eating With? Notice Who You Are Inviting To Lunch
- Working Nights and Weekends: Social Media, It's a Trap!
- The Simplest Path is the Best: Occam's Site Map Strategy
- What's the Status of the $300 PC In Today's Marketplace?
- Words vs. Design: What is Content, What Is Information Architecture?
Most people don't really enjoy being mean; they do it because they can't help it. (from Graham's Hierarchy of Disagreement)