UPDATE 1-23-13: Wow, my AdSense account has posed a SIGNIFICANT RISK to our AdWords advertisers. Amazing. Really? What did I do? Oh right, the KING ain't talkin, and he ain't taking messages.
This time I did NOTHING. I put the ads up on the site. They displayed solid color blocks, as they do during the verification process. And suddenly I'm posing a significant risk. Am.Maz.Ing. Thanks Google. I guess that post on alternative ad systems is more critical than ever.
Note from Google: "This message was sent from a notification-only email address that does not accept incoming email. Please do not reply to this message."
Again, Google's message is "You are toast. Don't bother trying to contact us about it. The KING isn't listening."
Is it just me, or does the "If your account was disabled for invalid click activity" line seem a little strange. Because they DON'T EVERY TELL YOU WHY THEY DISABLED YOUR ACCOUNT. They just disable it. I guess if you KNOW your a spammer or a "dangerous" marketing rogue, you will know that this doesn't apply to you. Smirk. "Oh they got me fair and square, on this, ONE of my 2 million click fraud accounts! Muwahaha!"
It seems like only yesterday 1-22-13, I began the process to the AdSense program again. A cycle of defeat chronicled here: Google's AdSense: King Google Does Not Want to Be Bothered So, starting with another account and another email address, I have re-entered the system as a law-abiding AdSense citizen. This time I will make no mistakes. I learn.
And conditionally they have said yes. I now get to put dummy ads on my site (not uber.la – for now) and wait for final approval.
So, here's what I'm thinking. Get a few weeks under my belt as a good citizen on this alt site. And if all goes well, I'll add uber.la.
Stay tuned. I'll keep chronicling my progress to get back inside the hallowed walls of Google's AdSense. Message me if you want to see the other site.
@jmacofearth (also seen on Google+: jmacofearth)
From the Social Media Strategist's Notebook
- How Social Media Can Change Your Business
More for your LEARN box of social media:
- Apple Gets It and You Don't! (MSFT, Google, Dell, HP)
- Twitter Huh? So You Just Don't Get Twitter? Let Me Explain…
- Um, Your LinkedIN Profile Is Kinda Important. You Might Want To Pay Attention!
- Is Blurring the Lines Between Business and Creativity Acceptable? re: writer, musician, marketer
- Google's AdSense: King Google Does Not Want to Be Bothered
- The Social Media Marketing Secret in Two Words: LinkedIn Groups (best practices)
- Twitter's Evil Empire and Striking Back for the Rebel Alliance
- All Top 2012 Lists I Can Stand
- King Google Kills My AdSense Account & My Dreams
- Real-world Blogging Stats 2012: When Things Go Dark, SEO-rich Content Rules
- MSFT: Retail Store Redux, How About That Microsoft SURFACE? WOOT!
- All Hale KING GOOGLE: Google AdSense Account Disabled
- Seeking the Hit Post – and Repeating the Performance – Metrics and Analysis
- Keurig #FAIL: Perhaps Not THE BEST CHOICE – An 18 Month Assessment
- Social Media Is My TV, Radio and Telephone Combined: Love Me Or Change the Channel
- Getting Your Analytics Right: Gaug.es Earns My Money By Saving Me Time
Most people don't really enjoy being mean; they do it because they can't help it. (from Graham's Hierarchy of Disagreement)