WISE WEB MARKETING SAYING: Make pricing of your web solutions hard to find, be dropped from many a proposal.
Two weeks ago a proposal I put together for an annual social media plan called for launching a public-facing community site for forums and discussions. While I was working at Dell, a number of years back, I remembered the Lithium community platform we used for Dell Tech Center. So I gave Lithium the call.
And I ran smack up against their ADVANCED CRM and "request a demo" lead gating system. Arrgggh. It's two weeks later, and I have no numbers for a conversation I am supposed to have with the client tomorrow. So today I went back to their lead system, the third time, and put in C-LEVEL as my role and 50 -99 Million as my business revenue. My guess is they would reach out to me rather quickly with those "features" of my new request for information.
Of course I didn't get what I wanted so I asked again. But, now I'm a bit frustrated and tired of being given the run-around for two weeks. I asked in the polite way. I joined their Interactive Community and asked. And today I got more aggressive.
But here's the rub. Perhaps this is the reason I did not get any response when my company was 0 – 49 million in revenue.
Of course it's not Leah's fault that her platform is in the low six figures. Um… that's in the range of 300,000 to 100,000 to start? Wow, I'm pretty sure Lithium at one point had a free or non-profit platform. With these prices I could look at JIVE or some other enterprise system.
Well, thanks for your time, Lithium. It's two weeks in, and now I know you're not the solution I thought you were. It sure would've saved me and Leah a bit of time if you'd just publish your range of pricing.
This graphic is available from Slideshare.net: Trying to get Pricing from Lithium Technologies.
I guess the fun part now will be to see how fast their Social Media Monitoring software picks up my little blip of discontent. I don't guess it will have an effect on the pricing plans, but hey, let's see what it takes to get a rise out of someone in Lithium's listening department.
[As much as I would like to help Leah out, I'm not going to hand her a link to this post. Let them find it on their own. Posted 4:00pm CST, Feb 5, 2013. Cheers!]
Keep It Social Out There!(tm)
More social media marketing tips:
- What IS The Cloud: What Do I Care if I'm On a Cloud or a Web Server?
- Google Page Rank: What You Know and Don't Know Can Hurt Your Business
- Collecting Energy: Are You a Collector, Generator, or User?
- New Cloud Hosting Provider
- Generating Leads from Your Best Content on Slideshare.net (7-day social metrics)
- Snark free future, limitless. Finding Self-Regulation on Facebook (Facebook's Privacy Failures)
- DELL: Next Generation Management (Slideshow on Slideshare.net)
- Google AdSense REDUX: IN Through the OUT Door, A YES from a NO
- Twitter Huh? So You Just Don't Get Twitter? Let Me Explain…
- Um, Your LinkedIN Profile Is Kinda Important. You Might Want To Pay Attention!
- Is Blurring the Lines Between Business and Creativity Acceptable? re: writer, musician, marketer
- Google's AdSense: King Google Does Not Want to Be Bothered
- The Social Media Marketing Secret in Two Words: LinkedIn Groups (best practices)
- All Top 2012 Lists I Can Stand
- King Google Kills My AdSense Account & My Dreams
- Real-world Blogging Stats 2012: When Things Go Dark, SEO-rich Content Rules