On Friday of last week, Twitter decided it they were not sure of my identity. And this little screen came up when I tried to log-in.
Um, no, I didn't forget my password. Google Chrome remembers all my passwords, thanks.
Okay, so next, enter user name and get this:
So, no email. Next. Click on the help link.
Yep, I have a gmail addy on this account. And I do still have access to this address.
Am I in an infinite loop at this point?
Yep, I'm not panicked. I'm just starting to get irritated.
The good news, I can access Twitter from my phone no problems. So my phone still has the right address. Can I change the password from the mobile app? I don't think so. GRRR.
Let's see the rest of the "process" for getting a response from Twitter Corporate.
And thus in goes my request to Twitter HQ for a human to look into the problem. GAK. This could be a while.
And on we go. No Twitter-Free since Friday, it is now Monday afternoon. It's about this time I go looking for friends on LinkedIn. YAY!
Let's see if this gets me anywhere. "Hello former colleague at a previous company, how's your day going? I've got a problem…"
So far, no response from Twitter or my friend inside Twitter. 3-days and counting.
UPDATE 2-26-13 My Twitter Insider Responds
If Twitter doesn't care about my small business, why should my small business care about Twitter? That's a good question. I'm asking it more and more these days.
Let's see, how long my EMAILED request takes.
Do You PIN Social Media? REPIN THIS!
Trouble with Twitter Posts:
- Twitter Death – Suspended Accounts: FEAR THIS "Your account is currently suspended"
- Twitter Jail: What is it? What are the rules? How do I break out?
- Twitter Broke the ReTweet Awhile Ago, Making Lazy RT-ers of Us; Do It Yourself
- The Forced Evolution of Twitter < Twitter's gonna grow up, eventually
- Twitter Lists: Recovering the Magic of Discovery on Twitter
More social media marketing tips:
- Tethered by Tech: How Things Fail and Theoretical Speed Remains Theoretical
- PAY ATTENTION: 1. What have you been asked to do? 2. Do that. 3. Forget everything else.
- SMBs: Who Are They? Let's Get a Grip on This "Audience"
- Are You a Connector? Giving Referrals & Recommendations Is Part of Your Work
- Twitter BS: DM Auto-Responders and Who To Follow *NOT*
- KRED Jacks It's Influencer Points and Spams EVERYONE < A Lesson from #Klout
- Socialwiki.org – ReLaunching the Open Social Media Resource Directory (WIIFM)
- Eight Camera Apps That Kick Instagram's Ass
- First Responder, Gets the Work; Resist the Urge, Pause, Breathe
- Google Page Rank: What You Know and Don't Know Can Hurt Your Business
- Collecting Energy: Are You a Collector, Generator, or User?
Most people don't really enjoy being mean; they do it because they can't help it. (from Graham's Hierarchy of Disagreement)