We give back as part of our mission.
Uber.la is always looking to help the underdog. We provide free services to several local area businesses who would not otherwise afford web marketing and social media outreach. Occasionally an opportunity comes along to throw in additional time and resources to support a good cause. This year that support goes to Resist Attack Foundation.
"It's just good to have someone to talk to who understands this stuff," said James Shaw, at our second meeting. James is the driving force behind Resist Attack. He wanted to give back as well. And he turned his e-commerce business into a non-profit engine to provide pepper spray free or at-cost for as many women as possible. And he's well on his way to doing just that.
Check out the website and see all the cool things James and Resistattack.org are doing. And then give us some ideas for catchy names we might use as an out reach campaign to our target demographic. (women between the ages of 15 – 25)
If you have any inspirations drop them in the comments or shoot me an email. jm (at) uber (dot) la.
Other Major Social Network Fails:
- Twitter Jail: What is it? What are the rules? How do I break out?
- Facebook's Ultimate Fail: Selling Your Friends, While Limiting Your Unpaid Connections With Them
- Twitter Death – Suspended Accounts: FEAR THIS "Your account is currently suspended
More social media marketing tips:
- How Facebook Filters Everything, Starting with your WALL: Facebook Fails #29
- Keep Your Filter Off My Frickin Friends! Facebook Fails #28: ZUCK Sucks.
- Marketing Blog Stats for February 2013: Social Media Marketing On Social Media Marketing
- WINDOWS 8 HELL: Dell Is Not the Only Manufacturer Suffering from WIN 8 Aversion
- Hello Twitter, It's Me Again: Locked Out of My Primary & Essential Twitter Account
- Tethered by Tech: How Things Fail and Theoretical Speed Remains Theoretical
- PAY ATTENTION: 1. What have you been asked to do? 2. Do that. 3. Forget everything else.
- Are You a Connector? Giving Referrals & Recommendations Is Part of Your Work
- Twitter BS: DM Auto-Responders and Who To Follow *NOT*
- KRED Jacks It's Influencer Points and Spams EVERYONE < A Lesson from #Klout
- Socialwiki.org – ReLaunching the Open Social Media Resource Directory (WIIFM)
- Eight Camera Apps That Kick Instagram's Ass
- First Responder, Gets the Work; Resist the Urge, Pause, Breathe
- Google Page Rank: What You Know and Don't Know Can Hurt Your Business
- Collecting Energy: Are You a Collector, Generator, or User?