Sure, Facebook would like you to friend more people. In fact they show the "People You May Know" on the right side of the page. BUT, if you friend too many people and they click NO on that little message "Do You Know this Person Outside of Facebook?" you will hit the unofficial speed limit. You will be blocked from adding any new people for 7 days. Um, why is that?
The justification, there in the dialog box is "It's important to only send friend requests to people who know you personally like classmates, friends, family, and coworkers." REALLY?
So, Facebook, you are saying, this social thing, the idea that we could meet and introduce ourselves through Facebook is a violation of your terms of service? FAIL.
You can download this presentation from Slideshare.net: Only Friend People You Know Personally on Facebook
More social media marketing tips:
- Love Trust Reputation or Money: What Motivates Your Participation Online?
- Facebook's "Mostly Just Friends" Filtering Is Selling You Not Helping You, Facebook Fail #30
- Digital Trust & Digital Tools To Accelerate Global Collaborations
- The Problem with Social Media Awards: AAS's Social Media Awards Are Judged Rather Than Social
- WINDOWS 8 HELL: Dell Is Not the Only Manufacturer Suffering from WIN 8 Aversion
- Hello Twitter, It's Me Again: Locked Out of My Primary & Essential Twitter Account
- Tethered by Tech: How Things Fail and Theoretical Speed Remains Theoretical
- PAY ATTENTION: 1. What have you been asked to do? 2. Do that. 3. Forget everything else.
- Are You a Connector? Giving Referrals & Recommendations Is Part of Your Work
- KRED Jacks It's Influencer Points and Spams EVERYONE < A Lesson from #Klout
- Socialwiki.org – ReLaunching the Open Social Media Resource Directory (WIIFM)
- Eight Camera Apps That Kick Instagram's Ass
- First Responder, Gets the Work; Resist the Urge, Pause, Breathe
- Google Page Rank: What You Know and Don't Know Can Hurt Your Business
- Collecting Energy: Are You a Collector, Generator, or User