Well, I started out with trying the Bulletproof Coffee, but I got lost at the starting gate. I liked the idea of not blowing up my blood sugar and energy with my first two cups of coffee, but I didn’t think the idea of meal replacement via butter and coconut oil was such a great idea. So I modified a bit to something that really works for me. I call it Silver Bullet Coffee, partially in homage to the Bulletproof idea, but also referring to the NutriBullet on Amazon blender I use to bring it all together. Here’s the process.
Cold or hot, I use my NutriBullet blender to mix extra goodies into my morning and afternoon coffee. Blending the mix gives the best taste, in my opinion.
HOT SILVER BULLET COFFEE
- Organic coffee (caff or decaf depending on your needs)
Organic Coffee Company – Java Love / Keurig Cup
- Teaspoon of raw coconut oil. (source of calories and smooth internal functioning) Nature’s Way Extra Virgin Coconut Oil
- Small teaspoon of Maca Powder (be careful with this stuff, start slow, build up. If you get too revved, dial back the Maca Powder first.) Navitas Maca Powder
- One shake of organic cinnamon, for taste. Organic Cinnamon
- 4 oz. of 2% organic milk.
- BLEND and ENJOY.
COLD SILVER BULLET COFFEE
Same ingredients over ice. BLEND and ENJOY. Occasionally for the cold Silver Bullet I will skip the coconut oil, since it clumps.
COLD DREAMSICLE SMOOTHIE
When it’s hot outside and I need a treat. But I’ve had all the coffee I can handle, I make my dreamsicle smoothie.
- Small scoop of orange sherbet or mango sorbet
- 1/2 teaspoon of raw organic honey
- 10 raw organic almonds
- 4 oz. of 2% organic milk
- 6 oz. of non-fat vanilla yogurt
Take the next step,