So you think Facebook knows it has a problem with fake accounts? Wanna see my fake account, Anna FalseAccount Donna?
And, why, you ask, would I create a fake account. My answer is simple. 1. To look in on my blocked enemies on Facebook. 2. To understand how easy it is to set up a fake account. 3. To learn what I have to do, violation-wise, to get my account examined and shutdown.
Every single day on Facebook I am getting asked to “friend” fake accounts. They are running schemes and scams to prey on the less informed, the lonely, the scam-friendly people on Facebook. And, obviously, there’s a lot of money to be made, because they keep at it. If anything, there’s an increase in fake account requests.
It’s easy to imagine what the scammers are doing with these millions of fake Facebook accounts.
- The Russian tampering with our elections was partially coordinated with a huge volume of inflammatory ads on Facebook.
- The cute girls trying to get your to help them out of a difficult situation.
- Business deals that are too good to be true.
- Oakley sunglasses coupons for 90% off when you know Oakley never discounts their glasses
So what is the WIN for Facebook?
- Shows sustainable numbers of high growth for investors
- Adds more accounts that could be tricked into paying for reach
- Gives a lot of bored people a fun time on Facebook
In the end, Facebook wants to keep you online, on Facebook for longer periods of time so they can show you the 90% of the content they make money on. Facebook is happy for you to interact with a beautiful fake girl on Facebook, because more page loads equals more revenue for them.
more from uber.la
- Data Selfie – What the Internet Marketers Know About You
- Lifehack Quickie: Off-time Strategies
- How Does Facebook Suck? If It’s Free You Are the Product
- Does Type-A Always Mean Asshole?