The information is out there. Modern man needs to take care of issues related to food and fitness.
Reference Material (ideas and resources for your journey and sources cited in posts):
- 7 Top Health Benefits of Maca Powder – Vegkitchen
- What You Can, When You Can – #wycwyc
- How Exercise Keeps Us Young – NY Times
- 26 Tweaks To Help You Lose Weight & Feel Great – MindBodyGreen
- 10 Tips Help You Keep Your Fitness Resolutions – MindBodyGreen
- 10 leafy greens that are healthier than kale – Alternet.org
- Lighten Up – talk by Marc David, Psychology of Eating
- Evidence Based Weight Loss Tips – Authority Nutrition
- A Prospective Study of Holiday Weight Gain – New England Journal of Medicine
- The Gut-Brain Link: How Your Headaches Might Stem From Your Digestion – Huffington Post @healthyliving
- What Big Food does with ‘organic’ and ‘natural’ – Forbes
- Milk 101: Whole, Raw, Organic, Low-Fat, Etc. – 100 Days of Real Food
- What I Had To Unlearn After Studying Nutrition – Mind, Body, Green
- Sugar Shockers, Foods Surprisingly High In Sugar – WebMD
- The Not-So-Sweet Skinny on Sugar-Free Gum Sweeteners – Huffpo
- The Flip Side of Tilapia – NYTimes
- The Real Reason Wheat is Toxic – The Healthy Home Economist
- The Negative Effects of Wheat in Your Diet – Livestrong
- Do You Have a Wheat Belly? Interview with Dr. William Davis – Wellness Mama
- Sugar Stacks website – how much sugar is in foods and drinks
Several posts from my other blogs pointed me towards this journey:
- My 50-year-old Body: A Love Hate Relationship – Whole Parent
- Loving the Body: Size, Weight, Color, Age, Fitness, Happiness – Whole Parent
- If Age is Just a Number Why Do I Still Want to Lie About It? – The Off Parent
- More Sexual Signals, Online Dating Thoughts & Self-Observations – The Off Parent
- Stages of Attractiveness In Approaching Potential Partners – The Off Parent
- Nobody Is Going to Hold Your Dream for You – The Off Parent
- Harsh Awareness: I Wouldn’t Date Me – The Off Parent
- There Is No Fountain of Youth; Let’s Find A Deeper Level of Connection – The Off Parent
- The Ballet Dancer and the Buddha – Do We Have a Disconnect? – The Off Parent
- Creative Energy: Finding and Maintaining Your Daily Juice – Uber.la
Here are some books that can help you do it by yourself.
It Starts with Food by Dallas and Melissa Hartwig
Food Rules by Michael Pollan
Elegantly simple book based on this wonderful advice.
Eat Food. Not too much. Mostly plants.
New medical thinking about fitness and diet. Dr. Mark Hyman, The Blood Sugar Solution.
And the old standby Fit or Fat, by Covert Bailey