This morning I woke a bit before dawn and heard a happy band of neighborhood coyotes cackling and howling down near the lake. I was reminded of the cats and small dogs who’s “LOST” posters show up with some regularity. And what occurred to me was a variation of a Reshad Feild phrase, “There is no time to slay the coyote, the coyote is your friend.”
Without a plan and a map you can be overtaken by the coyotes either as pray or newly inducted follower. So what are the tools and maps that will get you along *your* chosen path? If you don’t have a map for the year ahead, chances are that’s where you will end up with the coyotes as food or servant.
Plan Plan Plan
Career Path Template: It Is That Time of Year Again
So here’s a short course in why you need to go to college and an outline of some of the skills you will develop there.
Writing a Plan for Your Future – A Career Path Template from Boxes and Arrows
My most popular post, ever, and I didn’t even write the core of it. But goal setting is a big part of understanding the map you need to create for yourself.
Social Media Strategist Notes: You Blog, Right? Tell Me Why Not Again – Career Path Planning
Are you thinking about starting a blog? Are you working, leading, exploring social media as a career? Okay. So if I Google your name, or your Twitter ID I’m going to find… what exactly?
Additional Resources – Beyond Uber.la
- Hubspot’s Blog: Inbound Marketing: SEO, Blogging, Social Media, Landing Pages, Lead Generation and Analytics
- MarketingProfs: Marketing Resources : Social Media
- Fast Company’s The 30-second MBA: Quick Video Lessons
- Change This!: The Personal MBA (updated and expanded)
- 43 Folders – a practical and supportive approach to GTD (Getting Things Done)
- 7 Insanely Simple Ways to Ensure Your Project Gets Done (Dumb Little Man)
- 20 Tricks to Nuke a Bad Habit (Zenhabits)
- The Printable CEO amazing printable tools to keep you on-track – David Seah
- DIY Planner – simple planning templates you can print yourself
Book List Related to this post:
- Steps to Freedom – Reshad Feild
- A Writer’s Time: Making the Time to Write
- Everything Is Miscellaneous: The Power of the New Digital Disorder
“There is no time to slay the coyote, the coyote is your friend.”