I believe in this Twitter rally cry: I AM HERE, NOW! (I don't believe in auto-scheduled-non-human tweets. If you tweet, you should be there to respond when I RT or Tweet back at you. I believe.)
Twitter is the flash-point for so many of the changes in social media, online interactions, and even business development online. Our writing ideas and focus about social media are constantly being challenged by new developments and apps. I am in the process of unfollowing most of the people I follow. This is not a personal statement about you or your tweeting, but it is something I need to do to get the conversation back under control. I'm finding myself using Twitter less and less, and that's not good, so I'm taking drastic measures. I don't follow non-humans and I don't believe corporations are people. Thank you for following or finding me on Twitter. I do my best to be REAL and 100% un-automated. If I tweet something, it means I am ONLINE at the time.
Note: if you are a coupon or deal site, no need to follow me. If you are a pornster or scam artist, no need to follow me. If you are playing the "team follow back" game, no need to follow me. I only follow real people with real things to say. If you're an auto-tweeter, no need to follow me.
Announcing the release of The Twitter Way – Book One – Life
All of the following posts have been archived on The Active Media Academy
- Twitter’s Two Fatal Flaws: And My New Fake Account
- Humanizing Twitter: How to Work It Good
- Top Twitter Spammers Still Going Strong
- So, You Don’t Understand Twitter, Let Me Explain
- Twitter’s Follow-Unfollow Game
- Going Big on Twitter
- Growing a Flock of Followers on Twitter
- God, Please Save Twitter from Itself
- Why and How Twitter is Killing Itself
- Quit Thanking Me For the Follow on Twitter, Please!
- Twitter’s Big Problem: Clowns to the Left of Me, Jokers to the Right
- Twitter is Having a Come-To-Jesus Moment
- Why Twitter Is Thrashing: Seeking the Magic Money Piñata
- I Talk About Twitter Because I Care: And Because It’s Starting to Suck
- Four Laws of Twitter Reach: A Super-Quick Strategy for Twitter
- Un-Social Media on LinkedIn & Twitter: Are You Ready to Pay for Reach?
- Twitter for the Win (Using Twitter.com vs Tweetdeck)
- Playing The Stupid Numbers Game on Twitter
- Here’s How You Are Killing Twitter
- Twitter Strategy: Are You Using Twitter Efficiently
- Killing Twitter: Who Killed the Direct Message?
- Twitter Falling: Top Four Failures So Far
- Two Strategies to Make Twitter More Engaging
- The Unhappy Reality of Twitter Advertising
- Quick Peek Into Twitter Analytics. Got Your Tweet On? How’s It Going?
- The Final Word on Twitter Influence, Reach, Ratios and Ads
- Twitter Spammers the Simplified Version
- Who You Follow On Twitter Says More Than You Think
- Real-world Hashtags on Twitter: Do You Surf Tags? Do You Use Keywords?
- Twitter Ads – Twitter Analytics: The SMB Experiment
- Why Is Your Tweet on Repeat? No Reply Necessary.
- Twitter Is the Heartbeat of Social Media
- Getting Twitter Under Control: Tweetdeck Setup for Listening
- Social Spam: Why Your Social Media Strategy is BS
- The Shame of the Spammy Tweeter
- Defending the Indefensible: Do You Spam? Do You Auto-Bot?
- Why Have the Master Tweeters Become Auto-Bots? @chrisbrogan and @guykawasaki Please Stop!
- TWITTER LEADERSHIP, Please Bring Back the Twitter List
- What’s This Hashtag Mess? – #Twitter #Trends and #Hashtags
- The Problem with Twitter: No One is Talking, Most Tweets Are Spam
- Twitter Is Dead: You Can Help Save Twitter
- The Twitter Bubble: Are You Feeling Influential?
- Visualizing Twitter Again: I Tweet Therefore I Am
- Twitter Discovery Simplified – Who To Follow & How to Find Them
- BREAKING NEWS: Twitter Can Make You Happier | Top Twitter Tools
- Twitter Jail: What is it? What are the rules? How do I break out?
- The Forced Evolution of Twitter
- The Erosion of Twitter – Who Do You Follow? Are They Still Tweeting?
- You Are What You Tweet: Twitter As a Reflecting Pool
- Get Your Twitter List On
- Twitter Hacks and Twitter Killers
- How-To WIN With Twitter: Top Tips and Tools
- Auto-Bots Are Killing Twitter; Why Auto-Social & Robot-Social is Bad
- Twitter Magic: the Unexpected Beauty of the 140 Character Limit. Please Get To The Point!
- Buying Twitter Followers? What Are These Scammers Doing?
- Plotting the Mind of Twitter: Tools & Ideas for Marketing Research
- Hello Twitter, It’s Me Again: Locked Out of My Primary & Essential Twitter Account
- Twitter BS: DM Auto-Responders and Who To Follow *NOT*
- Twitter Huh? So You Just Don’t Get Twitter? Let Me Explain…
- Twitter’s Evil Empire and Striking Back for the Rebel Alliance
- Twitter Strategies: a: “team follow-back” b: follow everyone c: be a good tweeter
- Twitter Death – Suspended Accounts: FEAR THIS “Your account is currently suspended”
- Twitter 101: Hashtag Discovery & Business: How-To Do Social Media Marketing Research
- Twitter Blocking: “Sorry, you can’t follow the user (because they’re blocking you)”
- 6 Step Twitter Growth Process: Results of my #SXSW Uber-Follow Plan +753
- Twitter for Social Media Marketing Research and Ideas: Know Your #Hashtags
- My Generic Twitter Infographic from Visual.ly – Here They Come
- **Taking Twitter to the MAX: New Twitter Tags Could Help Sort Through the Noise
- What’s Your Twitter Language? What Do You Tweet? Fun & Easy Way to Find Out
- Twitter Lists Demoted, Twitter Favorites Promoted, NEW TWITTER Changes the Game
- ROCKIN THE TWEET: Twitter Tools, Twitter Lists, Stats, Discovery #Twitter
- Twitter Bot Network Invades Social Media for Business: How BotNets Work
- The Problem with Twitter.com; Why Are Good Tweeters Dropping Like Flies & Not Flying Like Birds?
- Twitter Porn, Twitter Spam, Twitter Bot Networks, Twitter Hacks – What I Think They’re Doing
- Twitter Signal to Noise Ratio: Trying to Find Meaning & Losing Friends
- Twitter’s New Activity Tab Explained in 75-seconds: Learning Twitter
- Twitter Exploded and Examined, Part 1
- When Did You Stop Listening to Twitter? And Who or What Killed the Tweet?
- Admitting There’s a Problem: My Twitter Stream Has Become Unmanageable
- Looking for Value in a Tweet or a Tweeter: What’s Twitter For?
- Attack of the Twitter Spammers: TweeSpammers Get Thick (InfoGraphic)
- Twitter Lists: Use Them Don’t Abuse Them
- Get Your List On: Twitter Lists, the New Social Cred System
- The Twitter Problem: We Love This, But What Are We Going to Do For Money?
- Twitter Fatigue: Hype Ends and Work Begins: Maintaining Your Twitter Account
** Check out my idea of extending types of tweets
Quick-start guides to Twitter:
- 3 Rules of Twitter Business; Lesson Learned: Influence + Distribution = Moneyy
- Essential Twitter Lessons; Play it Safe, Be Real, and Have a Two-Way Conversation
- TWITTER RULES: BE REAL | BE LIVE | AUTO NOTHING | CONVERSE
- The 1-2-3 Guide To Twitter: GETTING REAL with TWITTER
- My Slideshare Presentations on Twitter
Zen of the Tweet (My best-of tweets collection)
TwitterTools (matrix of Twitter apps and Twitter management tools)
share your love of buddha on PINTEREST
get even more sharable memes here: http://uber.la/social-media-funnies/