Biohacking Your Health for Longevity and Optimal Performance (@PaleoFX – day one)
PALEOFX April 27, 2018
Austin, Texas – BIOHACKING PANEL
I didn’t understand a lot of the acronyms these guys were using, but the commitment to #biohacking (the idea of using supplements, electronics, mindfulness, and technology to hack our lives into better, optimal, humans. Are you hacking as hard as you can? Are there hacks that hurt? Would you hack with something that gives you great results for the next ten years, but kills you ten years quicker? Is it dangerous? Is there data on it from reliable sources?
You’ve seen all the new “enhancing” drinks on the market. We’re talking a few steps beyond RedBull, nowadays most energy drinks boast some neutraceutical superfood or supplement as part of their pretty can and alluring promises. More attention. Greater clarity and focus. Energy, yes, but enlightened energy, in some form, seems to be the promise. I’m a fan. But the jury is out on the results these nootropics can deliver. Is there a risk? Are there downsides to great enhancements? Are there any “must do” biohacks that this group recommends? That’s what I set out to see, by attending PaleoFx 2018 this weekend in Austin, Texas.
The random capture, during the talk, as I was trying to understand the terminology and the brands/products that were being mentioned. I was also trying to catch some pearls of wisdom, truisms, big points that these biohack pioneers were giving out.
Smoke a lot of weed while I’m fasting so I can sleep.
Hacker Guide: Do yoga and meditate.
Enthusiast: Why do you keep telling me to do yoga and meditate?
Hacker: You mean you’re not doing it yet?
Hacker: That’s why I keep saying it. Do yoga and meditate.
We need to leverage the group data. Build better datasets overall. Google Health seemed to be going in the right direction. Let’s see what comes next for building larger datasets on what works and what doesn’t. Maybe there’s a role for blockchain in all this.
SelfQuant: get datasets on yourself, the stuff your blood can tell you, get it done, get your dataset, if I’d have known I would’ve done mine a lot sooner. Learn your data. Learn where you need support and work.
The cow is the problem. (eat meat if you like, but eat healthy meat, not mainstream meat.
Self-awareness is the biggest hack of all!
Hydration is the number one biohack!
Intermittent fasting: “Is there something good to eat here, eat. Is there nothing good to eat here: fast.”
I’ve got my stem cells stored offline for future use.
Favorite Hack/Device: PMF device. Pulse Electromagnetic Frequency.
I have a little bit of experience with this substance: modafinil
Know what your goals are and modify your intake based on those. If you try something and you feel like shit the next day, you might not put that in your stack.
LSD makes me feel fantastic. Micro-dosing.
Be careful out there, and practice safehex.
All HEALTH/WELLNESS posts from Uber.la
Topics of Discussion
- digital marketing
- Fit Lifestyle
- pass it forward
- tech opinion
- the artist’s way
- What’s Driving Your Traffic? Do You Know Your Top 4 Sources?
- WordPress 4.2 Added Emojis – You May Want to Remove that Sh*t
- Examining Alpha Brain from Onnit: “Clinically studied” Means What?
- Assessing Facebook’s Organic Reach Problem
- Zen and the Tennis Ball Machine – Alone with Patience and Agility
- Apple Support Wins Customer Service Gold Star: Go Apple Genius!
- Apple Has a MacBook Pro Problem: The 2018 MBP #Fail
- Writing for Your Life: How You Can Regain Clarity and Confidence
- Do You Write? Here’s How You Can Move Your Writing Forward
- Free Again: Uber.la Resets in the Positive Direction
- Facebook Has a Problem with Fake Accounts and Scammers
- Facebook PowerUser Strategy: Building My Marketing List
- Fire + Water (Memorial Day Remembrance)
- How Facebook Committed Suicide (Monetization Ain’t Everything)
- My Dell Hell Revisited – A Modern Consumer Fable
- Why Can’t We Debate Honestly About Today’s Political Morass?
- The Downloadable eBook Problem: I Have the Answers
- Loving the Body: Size, Weight, Color, Age, Fitness, Happiness
- Biohacks and BioPacks: What’s Your Health Stack?
- Biohacking Your Health for Longevity and Optimal Performance (@PaleoFX – day one)
who’s reading uber.la now
- 2364677Total reads:
- 1412Reads yesterday:
- 845863Total visitors:
- 6Visitors currently online:
- 09/13/2013Counter starts on:
Subscribe to Blog via Email