Bored With Branding or Adverse To Being Branded? [UPDATED]
UPDATE 9-26-13: ANSWER LOUD AND CLEAR: Nobody cares! Sure this post was not rocket science or anything, but I figured I’d get ONE comment. Or one response on Facebook or Twitter. But you know what? NADA. ZIP. So much ado about nothing. Branders talking brand again? Nevermind. Well, another survey-ish experiment DOA.
I’m a brander. I love brands. Creating them, studying them, admiring or slamming them depending on my mood and perspective. So… why is my favorite brand my plain black t-shirt? (Odd, even No Logo has a logo.)
Sure, I’m wearing $120 sunglasses, I give you that, but … what? Oh, and yes they emblazoned their logo across the front of my face… but my middle name is Oakley, so… No. No excuse. I love my O’s.
What about you? What’s your signature brand? What brands do you love? In what ways do you avoid branding?
And though you can’t see them, I’m also a New Balance running shoe fan. I don’t like their new BIGGER branding, but I’ll deal with it. They just FIIIIIT.
Share your branding stories, love’m – hate’m – avoid’m, in the comments. And I’ll use some of them as I build the rest of this "Is there a backlash against branding" post. (And while we’re at it, do you have any affinity for the Dell brand?)
Thanks in advance.
@jmacofearth (also seen on Google+: jmacofearth)
Reference: The Book on Branding Backlash: No Logo: 10th Anniversary Edition
Check out the Social Media for Business page and these other posts about learning social media:
- Facebook’s Failure as a Social Network: We’re Not Connecting We’re Lurking and Playing By Ourselves
- Two Critical Facebook for Business Questions: What’s Your facebook Commerce IQ?
- WordPress Tracking Alternatives to Google Analytics
- Single-Shot Social Media Strategy: LinkedIn (1-slide / 15-seconds)
- Social Media ROI Demands for 2012: Must See Charts for Marketing
- Going for the One on Google Search is Just a "Phrase Match" Away (Own It!)
- How to Get Useful Business Information Out of Twitter: Hashtags for Social Media Research
- Social Marketing Strategy: Thinking Beyond the Page (VIDEO)
- Social Business Lead Generation in 75-seconds (VIDEO)
- Introduction to Social Media Marketing in 90-seconds (VIDEO)
Let me help you jumpstart your social marketing:
- FluentSocial (Social Media Marketing)
- FluentSearch (SEO, Google Adwords)
- design & user experience
- executive learnings
- search engine optimization
- social media
- teaming & leadership
- tech opinion
- tech reviews
- The Problem with Social Media ROI and the PR Agency’s Dilemma
- Love Money Ambition: Finding Your Sweet Spot and Career
- Antibodies & Positrons: Leadership by Consensus and Project Management
- Mental Jujitsu: Nothing Ever Works Out, Get Over It and Get to Work
- The Erosion of Twitter – Who Do You Follow? Are They Still Tweeting?
- White Boarding – Learning To Think with Your Hands
- Social Win for MOO. Do you MOO?
- Bored With Branding or Adverse To Being Branded? [UPDATED]
- Dell Buys Dell and Still Nobody Buys Dells
- You Are What You Tweet: Twitter As a Reflecting Pool
let’s connectI am available for public speaking, team trainings, or social media strategic planning & execution. Call (512) 524-6684 or use the contact page.
In addition to direct consulting, I work with the digital marketing agency Fluent Social.
Count per Day
- 635Reads today: