Content Is Still King: Driving Traffic to your Site with Search and Social
And the most amazing thing I notice about these numbers is how low my social referrals are. I socialize my content daily on Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn and according to these referral stats only 57 people came to Uber.la via Facebook. That seems very low. And how can Google on Android be such a high referrer?
The biggest ah ha in this chart however is the top searches.
1,266 referrals due to organic search. I don’t do any paid advertising of uber.la. So no matter how much I socialize or beg for traffic from my social channels nothing compares to my organic reach from the deep content I have created here. Indeed, content is king. And since I have been building uber.la for over six years my content is deep and well aged.
Building great content is easy, but it requires a commitment and discipline to keep going. With a few plugins on WordPress you can have your SEO optimized and you’re all set. The trick is to keep writing new content. Google loves current posts and will often reindex you entire site when you submit a new article. (There are plugins to help with indexing as well.)
The bottom line is this: build great content, build a lot of it, and submit it often. Follow SEO best-practices. Keep writing.
Marketing Content has moved!! >> Find What You Were Looking for on
The Active Media Academy
- METRICS: Online Marketing vs Search Engine Optimization
- What's Wrong With Twitter?
- A Highly-Biased First Look at the Apple iPhone 8 and ATT Customer Service
- LinkedIn is Dead
- WTF Happened to LinkedIn? Referrals Drop 75%!
- When Did Social Media Become So Unsocial?
- Has Apple Lost the Path of Technology Leadership?
- Your Referral Networks - Building Content & Social Momentum
- The Internet of Interaction, Not "Things" NO IoT
- Influencer Marketing Primer
- bloglovin link
- Content Is Still King: Driving Traffic to your Site with Search and Social
- The Facebook Trap: A Black Hole of Time and Loss
- Top 5 Books About Living a Full and Happy Life
- 11 Steps to Transforming My Facebook Masterplan: Reach and Engagement
- The Fallacy of Just-In-Time Learning: We All Know Everything (Just Google It)
- Selling My BMW i3: Day 207
- Livening Up Facebook: The Next Generation
- Moore's Law and Apple's Laptop Problem
- The Social Media Problem
Get Better Hosting
- digital marketing
- Fit Lifestyle
- tech opinion
Count per Day
- 743Reads today:
- 11433Reads last week:
- 4Visitors currently online:
Subscribe to Blog via Email