Facebook Has a Problem with Fake Accounts and Scammers
So you think Facebook knows it has a problem with fake accounts? Wanna see my fake account, Anna FalseAccount Donna?
And, why, you ask, would I create a fake account. My answer is simple. 1. To look in on my blocked enemies on Facebook. 2. To understand how easy it is to set up a fake account. 3. To learn what I have to do, violation-wise, to get my account examined and shutdown.
Every single day on Facebook I am getting asked to “friend” fake accounts. They are running schemes and scams to prey on the less informed, the lonely, the scam-friendly people on Facebook. And, obviously, there’s a lot of money to be made, because they keep at it. If anything, there’s an increase in fake account requests.
It’s easy to imagine what the scammers are doing with these millions of fake Facebook accounts.
- The Russian tampering with our elections was partially coordinated with a huge volume of inflammatory ads on Facebook.
- The cute girls trying to get your to help them out of a difficult situation.
- Business deals that are too good to be true.
- Oakley sunglasses coupons for 90% off when you know Oakley never discounts their glasses
So what is the WIN for Facebook?
- Shows sustainable numbers of high growth for investors
- Adds more accounts that could be tricked into paying for reach
- Gives a lot of bored people a fun time on Facebook
In the end, Facebook wants to keep you online, on Facebook for longer periods of time so they can show you the 90% of the content they make money on. Facebook is happy for you to interact with a beautiful fake girl on Facebook, because more page loads equals more revenue for them.
more from uber.la
- Data Selfie – What the Internet Marketers Know About You
- Lifehack Quickie: Off-time Strategies
- How Does Facebook Suck? If It’s Free You Are the Product
- Does Type-A Always Mean Asshole?
Topics of Discussion
- digital marketing
- Fit Lifestyle
- pass it forward
- tech opinion
- the artist’s way
- What’s Driving Your Traffic? Do You Know Your Top 4 Sources?
- WordPress 4.2 Added Emojis – You May Want to Remove that Sh*t
- Examining Alpha Brain from Onnit: “Clinically studied” Means What?
- Assessing Facebook’s Organic Reach Problem
- Zen and the Tennis Ball Machine – Alone with Patience and Agility
- Apple Support Wins Customer Service Gold Star: Go Apple Genius!
- Apple Has a MacBook Pro Problem: The 2018 MBP #Fail
- Writing for Your Life: How You Can Regain Clarity and Confidence
- Do You Write? Here’s How You Can Move Your Writing Forward
- Free Again: Uber.la Resets in the Positive Direction
- Facebook Has a Problem with Fake Accounts and Scammers
- Facebook PowerUser Strategy: Building My Marketing List
- Fire + Water (Memorial Day Remembrance)
- How Facebook Committed Suicide (Monetization Ain’t Everything)
- My Dell Hell Revisited – A Modern Consumer Fable
- Why Can’t We Debate Honestly About Today’s Political Morass?
- The Downloadable eBook Problem: I Have the Answers
- Loving the Body: Size, Weight, Color, Age, Fitness, Happiness
- Biohacks and BioPacks: What’s Your Health Stack?
- Biohacking Your Health for Longevity and Optimal Performance (@PaleoFX – day one)
who’s reading uber.la now
- 2364678Total reads:
- 1412Reads yesterday:
- 845864Total visitors:
- 6Visitors currently online:
- 09/13/2013Counter starts on:
Subscribe to Blog via Email