Facebook Reach 2014: How Facebook Is Killing Itself
Facebook is killing Facebook. We joined Facebook to share our events with our friends and families. And as our organic reach on Facebook drops to 2 – 10%, Facebook is trying to get us to pay $5 to show our post to our "friends." What?
If there were somewhere else to go, I am pretty sure we would migrate. But why would people move. Google Plus is a pretty good alternative, but it’s not good enough. Or people don’t trust Google. Or there’s just not enough reason to move. Here are my results recently on a page that has over 500 fans.
I’m all for the migration, but I’m not sure I can convince anyone to come with me. Google Plus anyone?
You are killing the reason we got on Facebook.
- Facebook’s Trust Problem – Scott Monty
- Facebook’s Unethical Experiment – Slate
- 46 Things We Learned from Facebook’s Studies – Forbes
- Facebook tinkered with users’ feeds for a massive psychology experiment – AV Club
- Everything You Should Know About the Facebook Experiment – Wired
- AdBlock Plus < get the best adblocking add-on
Check out the Strategist’s Notebook page and these other posts about online marketing:
- Facebook Is Becoming Big Brother, The Facebook Problem
- FACEBOOK FACTS: Take Charge of Your Newsfeed on Facebook 2014
- Beyond Reach: Facebook Metrics & Considerations
- Facebook Business Pages: Why Keep Advertising on Facebook?
- Facebook Business: Your Customer Service Web is Facebook, Are You Listening and Responding?
Let me help you jumpstart your social marketing:
- digital marketing
- tech opinion
- The Social Media Relevance Test: G+ Is Failing
- Tech Cartoons As-they-happen: Lab Coat
- Revitalizing the Professional Social Network: Where Do You Get Social?
- Facebook Philosophy: It’s How You Choose to Use It
- Teens on Social Media – The Kerfuffle.
- Social Media Referrals, What’s Working for Your Business?
- Facebook Business Pages: Why I Killed Mine & Why I Just Rebooted It
- Facebook Angst: Are We Just Whining? Or Does Facebook Suck?
- Twitter Falling: Top Four Failures So Far
- Two Strategies to Make Twitter More Engaging
Available for Download
Out now from BookBaby
- 409Reads today:
- 9346Reads last week:
- 11518Reads this month:
- 0Visitors currently online:
A2 HostingPsst, here’s our hosting company.