Get Your Twitter List On
We’ve see the decline of Twitter’s functionality over time and the increase in complexity. Huh? That makes for an unusually bad user experience. No wonder the latest data shows that Twitter abandonment of new users runs very high. And of course, nobody is using Twitter exactly as I would like them to. Tough love. Okay. Here is an index of MY TWITTER LISTS, that I hand-generated, to help me and perhaps you navigate the hard process of finding good tweeters to follow.
- trust-network – my highest endorsement, these people I would/will do business with again and again
- mentors – maybe not all business related, but these are some of my favorite leaders
- smarty pants – damn brilliant folks, my next highest endorsement
- socialmedia – who’s talking and leading in social media
- tech connections – at the top of their field in tech
- agency – ad, pr, marketing agencies (if you’re in it, you need to follow it)
- design – graphics- make things look pretty, learn about fonts and kerning, ux and ui
- code – dev, coders, wordpress builders, css mavens, apps
- media – mainstream and indie media tweeters
- seo – search – if they tweet about google adwords or search marketing they are here
- green – environmentally conscious tweeters (it’s pretty important)
- ehealth – can social media and healthcare live together, can social enhance patient care?
- research – where I put tweeters I’m interested in, or who are doing data mining and research
- austin businesses – if they’re on twitter and they’re in Austin and I like them
+++ less about business and more about friends and personal interests +++
- austin friends – tweeters I know (and may or may not love) in ATX
- austin friends 2 – the overflow from list 1, peeps I know in Austin, Texas, YO!
- dads & moms – mommy bloggers and daddy bloggers (mostly single parents)
- music – my musical tastes vary widely
- crazy sexy fools – inappropriate NSFW and funny as all hell
- short words poems – poetry, fiction, 140c, haiku, short short stories
Check out The Twitter Way page, the Twitter Tools Matrix (needs updating) and Zen of the Tweet my personal best-of page.
Two important Twitter posts
@jmacofearth (also seen on Google+: jmacofearth)
- On Twitter, Most People Are Sheep: 80 Percent Of Accounts Have Fewer Than 10 Followers – TechCrunch
- Twitter Media Launches Blog To Fight Attrition By Teaching You What To Tweet – TechCrunch
- Mobile Marketing Numbers and Twitter Stats – Expanded Ramblings
Know what you need?
Check out FluentSocial (Social Media Marketing)
or FluentSearch (SEO, Google Adwords) to get started.
Other posts about kicking ass in social media:
- Single-Shot Social Media Strategy: LinkedIn (1-slide / 15-seconds)
- Social Media ROI Demands for 2012: Must See Charts for Marketing
- Going for the One on Google Search is Just a "Phrase Match" Away (Own It!)
- How Win with Twitter – Strategy
- Social Marketing Strategy: Thinking Beyond the Page (VIDEO)
- Social Business Lead Generation in 75-seconds (VIDEO)
- Introduction to Social Media Marketing in 90-seconds (VIDEO)
- A Month w/o My Apple Watch
- Top Twitter Spammers Still Going Strong
- So, You Don’t Understand Twitter, Let Me Explain
- Twitter’s Follow-Unfollow Game
- What Will You Make Your Life About?
- What Facebook Reach Looks Like with 2,000 Followers
- Facebook Scams? HiJacking Giftcards on Facebook? (RAYBAN, OAKLEY, APPLE)
- We’re Going Pay-per-view at UBER.LA
- Why We Keep Using Facebook: The Good, Bad, and Fail
- Empire Building with Social Media: What You Should Be Doing
- The Portable Artist: Creativity On-the-go!
- The Day After a Viral Hit
- Reconsidering the Purpose of my Apple Watch
More Ways to Connect
Navigation & Categories
- 683Reads today:
- 8848Reads last week:
- 25896Reads this month:
- 0Visitors currently online:
Love your webhost? Check out my stellar hosting company A2Hosting!