GMail is Broken: How Long Will Google Leave Users Hanging?
I’ve had an issue with Gmail for a few months. Well, since October of 2017… So, for an eternity in internet time. Here’s what Kiwi Mail for Gmail looks like. But Gmail looks like this in all three browsers and Open Gmail from Google.
Have you been seeing this screen lately? Gmail simply will not load in “standard view” and forces me to click the little link taking me back to Gmail circa 2005. Here’s what my current gmail view looks like.
There is something to be said for going retro, but this is ridiculous! If you use multiple Gmail accounts for various clients, and multiple google calendars as well, this situation is quite simply fkd.
And do you think Google and their engineers are working on the fix? This issue has been intermittent since October 2017. And, well, it’s been quite a while and the forums have offered no fix and no timeline for a fix. What does Google’s own search tell us about the issue?
From CNET in 2010, we were dealing with a similar issue according to this quote:
Here is the fix directly from Google’s Help pages:
And if that doesn’t fix your issue, Google points us to the G Suite Status Dashboard which seems like a good idea, except here’s what that page looks like today.
Well, that certainly looks good for Google, right? Not a single issue over the last week. Wow, that’s impressive. Except do you really believe it? NONE? Not one outage or issue? I wonder if my dashboard is just for MY G Suite Apps? It certainly doesn’t map with my experience.
What is working perfectly is Google Calendar and all its integrations with my phone and my mac. But Gmail? Not so much. I’m still looking for the fix. The issue must be at a system level, because none of my 3 browsers will log Gmail in standard view. (Firefox, Safari, Chrome) Everything in Gmail works great on my phone, including my ability to switch through several Gmail accounts on the fly… But on my mac… Let’s just say I’m very unhappy. And I’ve been looking for the FIX since October.
If you know how to fix my mac’s inability to load Gmail, please contact me directly. I’ll pay you for the answer and then I’ll make you internet famous by publishing you and your fix right here on the pages of Uber.la.
Here’s the #4 fix on the Google Gmail help page.
Looking forward to your help.
Take Care Out There,
I Am Here To Help
Topics of Discussion
- digital marketing
- Fit Lifestyle
- pass it forward
- tech opinion
- the artist’s way
- What’s Driving Your Traffic? Do You Know Your Top 4 Sources?
- WordPress 4.2 Added Emojis – You May Want to Remove that Sh*t
- Examining Alpha Brain from Onnit: “Clinically studied” Means What?
- Assessing Facebook’s Organic Reach Problem
- Zen and the Tennis Ball Machine – Alone with Patience and Agility
- Apple Support Wins Customer Service Gold Star: Go Apple Genius!
- Apple Has a MacBook Pro Problem: The 2018 MBP #Fail
- Writing for Your Life: How You Can Regain Clarity and Confidence
- Do You Write? Here’s How You Can Move Your Writing Forward
- Free Again: Uber.la Resets in the Positive Direction
- Facebook Has a Problem with Fake Accounts and Scammers
- Facebook PowerUser Strategy: Building My Marketing List
- Fire + Water (Memorial Day Remembrance)
- How Facebook Committed Suicide (Monetization Ain’t Everything)
- My Dell Hell Revisited – A Modern Consumer Fable
- The Downloadable eBook Problem: I Have the Answers
- Loving the Body: Size, Weight, Color, Age, Fitness, Happiness
- Biohacks and BioPacks: What’s Your Health Stack?
- Biohacking Your Health for Longevity and Optimal Performance (@PaleoFX – day one)
- YouTube TV – How Do You Get Your Entertainment On?
who’s reading uber.la now
- 2248979Total reads:
- 795Reads yesterday:
- 814805Total visitors:
- 4Visitors currently online:
- 09/13/2013Counter starts on:
Subscribe to Blog via Email