Google Organic Search: the Top 10 Steps of SEO Prioritization
Repeat after me: Google/Organic. Google/Organic. Google/Organic.
Do you get the picture? Here, let me give you the broader picture.
60% of all of my traffic comes from Google Search. Unpaid, unvarnished, pure and simple SEO and content. If you don’t have your mainline connection with Google mapped out, you’re missing a lot of what the web has to offer. Paid search is fine if you’re just getting started, or if you’re McDonald’s, but for most of us SMB (small or medium businesses) the “paid” aspect of marketing is not a winning or sustainable approach. That’s why you hear so much about SEO. Search engine optimization is a real discipline. There are rules, best practices, new algorithm updates, and all kinds of data you can gather, track, and report on. If you’re into SEO, you’re probably really into SEO. It’s an area of business development all by itself. And from my numbers above, you can see why.
I do not spend any money driving traffic to uber.la. And that’s because I don’t actually derive an income from uber.la. (Google sat fit to ban my AdSense participation years ago, and I’ve continued to keep my social media/digital marketing platform ad-free and pure. But I’d like to figure out how to get some income from my work. It’s nice and all, to show clients my content work, but … Well, monetization is a different post. Let’s get back to the topic of Google Organic.
You have got to follow these top 10 steps to make sure Google loves your site and your content.
- Use WordPress
- Use a great SEO plugin
- Do your research about topics you want to rank competitively in
- Write great content, with SEO terms at the front of mind
- Write and publish a lot of content, the more you share, the more Google shows love to your site
- Continue to try new keywords and new strategies for gaining authority
- Use SpyFu, Keyword Finder, or other SEO/Keyword/Competitive Research tools
- Build keyword lists around your core business, who what words score highest for your topic
- Read some SEO newsletters, keep abreast of the trends affecting everyone who uses or markets with Google Search
- Google your topic and see who ranks better than you and learn what they are doing right
Other than that, pay attention to your traffic from Google. Dig into the analytics of your best performing page and see what terms people are using to find your content. Then make sure you are optimizing for those terms.
John McElhenney – let’s connect online
@jmacofearth & Google+ & Facebook & LinkedIn
more from uber.la
- NEWS THREAD: #DeleteFacebook: Privacy Issues May Harm Facebook
- 11 Reasons Your Organic Traffic from Google Sucks (Infographic)
- Sh*t Facebook Friends Say
- How Do I Delete My Facebook Account?
- I Say, “Enough is Enough” and I Am Deleting My Facebook Account
- The New Google Search Console
I Am Here To Help
Topics of Discussion
- digital marketing
- Fit Lifestyle
- pass it forward
- tech opinion
- the artist’s way
- WordPress 4.2 Added Emojis – You May Want to Remove that Sh*t
- Examining Alpha Brain from Onnit: “Clinically studied” Means What?
- Assessing Facebook’s Organic Reach Problem
- Zen and the Tennis Ball Machine – Alone with Patience and Agility
- Apple Support Wins Customer Service Gold Star: Go Apple Genius!
- Apple Has a MacBook Pro Problem: The 2018 MBP #Fail
- Writing for Your Life: How You Can Regain Clarity and Confidence
- Do You Write? Here’s How You Can Move Your Writing Forward
- Free Again: Uber.la Resets in the Positive Direction
- Facebook Has a Problem with Fake Accounts and Scammers
- Facebook PowerUser Strategy: Building My Marketing List
- Fire + Water (Memorial Day Remembrance)
- How Facebook Committed Suicide (Monetization Ain’t Everything)
- My Dell Hell Revisited – A Modern Consumer Fable
- The Downloadable eBook Problem: I Have the Answers
- Loving the Body: Size, Weight, Color, Age, Fitness, Happiness
- Biohacks and BioPacks: What’s Your Health Stack?
- Biohacking Your Health for Longevity and Optimal Performance (@PaleoFX – day one)
- YouTube TV – How Do You Get Your Entertainment On?
- Are You Ready for YouTube.TV?
who’s reading uber.la now
- 2226449Total reads:
- 710Reads yesterday:
- 807635Total visitors:
- 0Visitors currently online:
- 09/13/2013Counter starts on:
Subscribe to Blog via Email