How Can I Help You Kick Ass? Top GTD & Productivity Tips from the Last 5 Years
I’ve been writing about GTD and agile methods for a long time. But they are not a focus of this blog, and more of a byproduct of my approach to marketing and staying on top of all the social media channels and posts I need to accomplish during any given day or week or year. But I am very set in my ways. And some of them might be helpful to you, so I decided to collect the GTD (Getting Things Done) and Productivity Posts into this thread to help you find some of the best tools I’ve found in doing my day job. [Note: I owe the "kick ass" phrase to Kathy Sierra.]
Let me know what I’ve missed and I’ll see what I can do about adding your strategy and productivity tip here.
A few moments of pause before we jump in:
- Getting to This Moment of Happiness and Lessons Learned Along the Way
- Love Money Ambition: Finding Your Sweet Spot and Career
- Letters to a Young Artist – creative life series
- Early Bird Attack Plan: Try GTD at the Same Time Every Day
- There is Never Enough Time: So… What’s Your Plan?
- How To Generate Strategic Content for Social Media?
- Where Do You Pay Attention – The Cost of Attention Deficit and Economic Recessions
- It’s Not ADD Mom, It’s Attention Deficit Trait – I’m Learning To Be This Way
Quick and Agile
- Agile Leadership in the Real World & For Personal Use
- Make Your Meetings Rock, Every Time: Consulting Like Clockwork
- Digital Trust & Digital Tools To Accelerate Global Collaborations
- Crack the Motivational Code: Put a Ding In Our Universe and Your Team’s Universe
- Getting Together: Webinar Systems and the Search for a Collaborative Framework
- Agile Leadership: Steve Ballmer on Old Meetings vs New Meetings
- Zen and the Tennisball Machine – Alone with Patience and Agility
- Letters to a Young Artist in the Digital Age – Your Personal Creative Cloud
- Let’s Talk About Your Evil Plan(tm) – Yeah, But What Else Are You Doing?
- "Who Asked You to Do This?" and the Critical Path to Work Success
- Creating Passionate Teams – Encouraging Smart People to Want to Contribute or NOT.
- Bungle in the Jungle or What’s In a Snipe: Graham’s Hierarchy of Disagreement
- Social Media Strategies: Calculating the ROI on a Social Networking Saturday
- Collecting Energy: Are You a Collector, Generator, or User?
- Are You Doing What Matters in Work and Life? Redirecting Your Day
- Plussing or Dividing: How Are You Showing Up in the World?
- Leadership and Teamwork: Mixed Doubles Anyone?
- The First Cut: Applying The Way of the Sword to Life and Tennis
- An Inspiring Leader Is: Inspired Themselves and Usually Short on Time
- Mental Jujitsu: Nothing Ever Works Out, Get Over It and Get to Work
Get Social with Me
- Getting Twitter Under Control: Tweetdeck Setup for Listening
- Your Next Ninja Move: Return Notifications on Your Email
- Critical Path Strategies: Digital Marketing
- Your Business Dashboard: Hack Your Browser for Efficiency
- The Six Pillars of Online Reputation and Brand Management
- Online Collaborator’s Toolkit: The Sharing Tools You Need to Web It Up!
- Managing the Information Overload of Social Media
- Are You a Connector? Giving Referrals & Recommendations Is Part of Your Work
- Social Media: Dreaming Won’t Cut It – What’s Your Plan, Where’s Your Map?
- Who Are You Eating With? Notice Who You Are Inviting To Lunch
- Improving the Signal-to-Noise Ratio in Life and Social Media
- Social Media Workflow: What’s Your Daily Cadence for Sharing on Social Networks [infographic]
- The Social Economy: I’m Trying to Give It Away, What’s the Problem? (So Is Everyone Else)
- Drawing the Circles Around LinkedIN Contacts – Social Media for Business of Any Size
- What’s Your Social Media STACK? Application Framework? Social Media Workflow?
- Doin Social Media – WIIFM – Whuffie – Creating Beauty Online and WIIFY
- Going Incognito: Top Secret Browsing Has Important Uses
Life Work – Zen Blend
- Writing a Plan for Your Future – A Career Path Template (Downloadable)
- Life Streaming: Resetting Your Digital Map for Efficiency & Success
- The Fallacy of Just-In-Time Learning: We All Know Everything (Just Google It)
- Is Blurring the Lines Between Business and Creativity Acceptable? re: writer, musician, marketer
- Positive Forces: Delayed, Deflected, Divorced, Distracted, But Not Deterred
- Positive Momentum: How Do You Generate Your Forward Thinking?
- Dear Graduate – a Toolkit for Learners and Job Hunters
- More of This and Less of That, Please – Thursday Morning Coffee
- Resetting Priorities: "You have no events scheduled today."
- Close of Business Rituals: End Your Week and Reset for What’s Next
- What You Capture and What You Share Is What You ARE (Do You Listen to the Sound of Your Own Voice?)
- Social Creative Content: Simplifying My Passion For Social Media Marketing
- Cutting Back on My Social Scene and Focusing the Conversation
- Mapping Your Own Social Media Genome: Managing the Parts as a Whole
- 3 Ways To Reset When the Day Seems To Be Getting Away From You (Work-Life In Balance?)
- Sometimes We Miss: Other Times We Are Like Birds on a Branch Together
- InBox ZERO is MINE! Today is Feburary 1st, and I am an InBox ZERO Hero!
- Capture and Share Your Experience to Become a Leader: the Blogging Path
- Ambient Findability and Spimes – The Garden of Forking Paths – We Are There!
- Tao Te Ching – at ease in your own life (translation by Stephen Mitchell)
- Communicate unceasingly – Your passion, vision and strategy*
@jmacofearth (also seen on Google+: jmacofearth) permalink: https://uber.la/2014/08/help-you-kick-ass/
Check out the Strategist’s Notebook page and these other posts about online marketing:
- Workin Facebook < all the Facebook Posts in one place
- uber.la quickies < a streamlined takeaway from today’s best marketing sources
- Social Media University < 2 minute educational videos
- Social Business MBA < the reading list
- Becoming a Social Media Rockstar: The Quick Path < um… let’s discuss
Let me help you jumpstart your social marketing:
FluentSocial (Social Media Marketing) FluentSearch (SEO, Google Adwords)
Most people don’t really enjoy being mean; they do it because they can’t help it. (from Graham’s Hierarchy of Disagreement)
image: balancing, followtheseinstructions, creative commons usage
One Response to How Can I Help You Kick Ass? Top GTD & Productivity Tips from the Last 5 Years
Leave a Reply Cancel reply
- So, You Don’t Understand Twitter, Let Me Explain
- Twitter’s Follow-Unfollow Game
- What Will You Make Your Life About?
- What Facebook Reach Looks Like with 2,000 Followers
- Facebook Scams? HiJacking Giftcards on Facebook? (RAYBAN, OAKLEY, APPLE)
- We’re Going Pay-per-view at UBER.LA
- Why We Keep Using Facebook: The Good, Bad, and Fail
- Empire Building with Social Media: What You Should Be Doing
- The Portable Artist: Creativity On-the-go!
- The Day After a Viral Hit
- Reconsidering the Purpose of my Apple Watch
- My Little Apple Watch
- KISS: Why the PC Players Should Follow Apple’s Lead
More Ways to Connect
Navigation & Categories
- 1098Reads today:
- 10750Reads last week:
- 2584Reads this month:
- 3Visitors currently online:
Love your webhost? Check out my stellar hosting company A2Hosting!
08/12/2020 at 7:54 am
This is the best I’ve got from 5 years in the field, social media, marketing, GTD, agile. I’m throwing the book at productivity.