Here Is How Social Media Works: Small Business Case Study
Client: Your Honeymoon Guru , Skip Neal
"I have got to show immediate value and improved business results when working with a small business client. They can’t afford to test and play with social media in hopes that they will get results. My job is to set them up from the first session to feel confident in their site design and have some plans for developing their own content over the first few weeks." — John McElhenney, uber.la
You don’t have to break the bank to get your social media program on track. But you will be amazed when you can see the results a little upgrade can have.
- site design
- content strategy and organization
- search engine optimization
- analytics installed on site to measure results
- start a Facebook fan page
- weekly content calendar to generate ideas and write posts
One half-day session with our client honeymoonguru.com began a large growth in Skips site traffic and ultimately his business. This even during the slow honeymoon months of Oct/Nov. His average before the redesign was about 200 unique visits per month. After our optimization and redesign, Skip’s traffic is now between 900 and 600 unique visits per month.
BEFORE: Skip was using a free theme on his WordPress site. He had about 100 categories and no tags.
AFTER: We worked to define very specific sections of Skip’s site. We used another free WordPress template, but this one had better presentation of Skip’s amazing photos. We cut his categories down to seven, giving real meaning and organization to the structure of his site. We developed an SEO word matrix and a content development calendar and idea sheet. (1-on-1 consulting – 4hrs, 1 phone session)
RESULTS: Skip’s traffic has tripled. He has created a Facebook Fan page with over 100 fans. He can watch his site traffic and get a good idea of what posts are attracting new customers.
Single Session Achievements: a design makeover, content organization, search engine optimization, content strategy, and social media plan.
"The best part, aside from the new traffic and new business, is that John was so attuned to my business needs and what would make my travel/honeymoon segment more likely to come to my site. He was able to take my website and a folder full of photos and give me something I think represents my personality and my business." — Skip Neal, yourhoneymoonguru.com owner & happy customer.
+++ this is a refresh of earlier content, enjoy your summer +++
@jmacofearth (also seen on Google+: jmacofearth)
Other posts about kicking ass in social media:
- Single-Shot Social Media Strategy: LinkedIn (1-slide / 15-seconds)
- Social Media ROI Demands for 2012: Must See Charts for Marketing
- Going for the One on Google Search is Just a "Phrase Match" Away (Own It!)
- How Win with Twitter – Strategy
- Social Marketing Strategy: Thinking Beyond the Page (VIDEO)
- Social Business Lead Generation in 75-seconds (VIDEO)
- Introduction to Social Media Marketing in 90-seconds (VIDEO)
- Twitter’s Two Fatal Flaws: And My New Fake Account
- Humanizing Twitter: How to Work It Good
- Can Social Media Drive Retail Sales?
- A Month w/o My Apple Watch
- Top Twitter Spammers Still Going Strong
- So, You Don’t Understand Twitter, Let Me Explain
- Twitter’s Follow-Unfollow Game
- What Will You Make Your Life About?
- What Facebook Reach Looks Like with 2,000 Followers
- Facebook Scams? HiJacking Giftcards on Facebook? (RAYBAN, OAKLEY, APPLE)
- We’re Going Pay-per-view at UBER.LA
- Why We Keep Using Facebook: The Good, Bad, and Fail
- Empire Building with Social Media: What You Should Be Doing
Navigation & Categories
- 67Reads today:
- 6347Reads last week:
- 12330Reads this month:
- 2Visitors currently online:
Love your webhost? Check out my stellar hosting company A2Hosting!