Lifehack Quickie: Off-time Strategies
I live in a busy city, Austin, Texas. Too many cars, too many trucks, too few roads and parking spaces. And in this morass today I hit upon the simplest of lifehack strategies.
- Get up way early and go to breakfast before most people are out of bed.
- Have lunch at 11 am – there will be zero crowds
- Stay at home during all rush hours of the day
Get up early. This should be your superpower. You can get more accomplished before anyone else wakes up. No phonecalls, no pesky emails or txt messages. When I have a big project I really like the morning-of to crank things out. Not to procrastinate, because that’s a different issue altogether.
Eat lunch early. Since you’re up early and have an early breakfast, you can have an early lunch. You know the routine. “Let’s have lunch.” Your friend responds, “Okay, early 11:45 or late at 1:15?” Beat the heat and have your lunch at 11 am. There will be no one there. Your meal will come in minutes. And you’ll be out of the restaurant before the lines of cars appear hunting for parking spaces.
Stay at home. Morning rush, lunch rush, and evening rush. Better yet, don’t go out at all. Have breakfast, lunch, and dinner in your house. Skype in all your meetings. Get a ton of stuff done.
more from uber.la
- NEWS THREAD: #DeleteFacebook: Privacy Issues May Harm Facebook
- 11 Reasons Your Organic Traffic from Google Sucks (Infographic)
- Sh*t Facebook Friends Say
- How Do I Delete My Facebook Account?
- I Say, “Enough is Enough” and I Am Deleting My Facebook Account
- The New Google Search Console
I Am Here To Help
Topics of Discussion
- digital marketing
- Fit Lifestyle
- pass it forward
- tech opinion
- the artist’s way
- WordPress 4.2 Added Emojis – You May Want to Remove that Sh*t
- Examining Alpha Brain from Onnit: “Clinically studied” Means What?
- Assessing Facebook’s Organic Reach Problem
- Zen and the Tennis Ball Machine – Alone with Patience and Agility
- Apple Support Wins Customer Service Gold Star: Go Apple Genius!
- Apple Has a MacBook Pro Problem: The 2018 MBP #Fail
- Writing for Your Life: How You Can Regain Clarity and Confidence
- Do You Write? Here’s How You Can Move Your Writing Forward
- Free Again: Uber.la Resets in the Positive Direction
- Facebook Has a Problem with Fake Accounts and Scammers
- Facebook PowerUser Strategy: Building My Marketing List
- Fire + Water (Memorial Day Remembrance)
- How Facebook Committed Suicide (Monetization Ain’t Everything)
- My Dell Hell Revisited – A Modern Consumer Fable
- The Downloadable eBook Problem: I Have the Answers
- Loving the Body: Size, Weight, Color, Age, Fitness, Happiness
- Biohacks and BioPacks: What’s Your Health Stack?
- Biohacking Your Health for Longevity and Optimal Performance (@PaleoFX – day one)
- YouTube TV – How Do You Get Your Entertainment On?
- Are You Ready for YouTube.TV?
who’s reading uber.la now
- 2226542Total reads:
- 710Reads yesterday:
- 807678Total visitors:
- 4Visitors currently online:
- 09/13/2013Counter starts on:
Subscribe to Blog via Email