My Dumb Apple Watch: A Pet Peeve
While the charging system is sort of cool on the Apple Watch, the practical matter is, you have yet one more charging system to keep track of. I’m pretty sure adding a lightning port would’ve worked and not killed the integrity of the watch. (It’s only water-resistant as it is.) Instead Apple went all cool and invented this magnetic disc that charges the watch as if my magic. The only problem is, when you for get your charging disc…
You quickly have an Apple Dumb Watch circa 1980.
The usage stats said I would have about 15 hours in standby mode, and 5 hours in active mode. But > 2 days in power reserve mode. So I put my watch in PR mode so I would at least have a watch for my 3 days at the beach. I should’ve brought my Nike Fuelband so I had a backup watch. That’s one of the things you have to think about with an apple watch, what to do if it runs out of power. And in its current mode, it’s really more of a status symbol, or geek badge, rather than an innovative mobile device.
And this is one of the other odd things about the Apple Watch, sometimes it is hard to know if you put the watch in a mode using the watch, or if you have to use the Apple Watch app on your phone. And when your watch is in dumb mode you’re usage screen looks like this.
Nothing. The watch is no longer communicating with the phone. And the problem with this is I have no idea how to get the watch out of dumb mode. I’d consider buying another charging system in town if I were really dependant on the watch, but I’ve not quite integrated it into my lifestyle. I do love the texting responses and the alerts about email and notifications. But over all, today, the Apple Watch is a nice to have, not a must have. It *IS* however much more of a utility device than my iPad. The watch is certainly a THIRD DEVICE, but there are a few kinks that need to be worked out in the Watch OS. And we still need a KILLER WATCH APP.
Apple’s insistence on being innovative over practical is a Apple Watch Killer. I am surrounded by iPhones and lightning chargers with no way to charge my Apple Watch.
- Apple Watch: Finding Glances and Crashing Apps
- Starting Over with the Apple Watch: Reboot Day One
- Watchlandia App: The "Siri, WTF Is Wrong w My Apple Watch?" App Announced
- Day 5 with Apple Watch: DEAD! Now What Do I Do?
- My First 36-hours with The Apple Watch
- Apple Music – Can They Get Streaming Music Royalties Right?
- A Watch from Apple that Looks like a Watch: Apple Watch
see the complete apple watch archive
Marketing Content has moved!! >> Find What You Were Looking for on
The Active Media Academy
- Twitter Guide: The PowerUser Edition - Tweetdeck
- Where We Get Our News - Is It Easily Faked?
- METRICS: Online Marketing vs Search Engine Optimization
- What's Wrong With Twitter?
- A Highly-Biased First Look at the Apple iPhone 8 and ATT Customer Service
- LinkedIn is Dead
- WTF Happened to LinkedIn? Referrals Drop 75%!
- When Did Social Media Become So Unsocial?
- Has Apple Lost the Path of Technology Leadership?
- Your Referral Networks - Building Content & Social Momentum
- The Internet of Interaction, Not "Things" NO IoT
- Influencer Marketing Primer
- Content Is Still King: Driving Traffic to your Site with Search and Social
- The Facebook Trap: A Black Hole of Time and Loss
- Top 5 Books About Living a Full and Happy Life
- 11 Steps to Transforming My Facebook Masterplan: Reach and Engagement
- The Fallacy of Just-In-Time Learning: We All Know Everything (Just Google It)
- Selling My BMW i3: Day 207
- Livening Up Facebook: The Next Generation
- Moore's Law and Apple's Laptop Problem
Get Better Hosting
- digital marketing
- Fit Lifestyle
- tech opinion
Count per Day
- 433Reads today:
- 11637Reads last week:
- 5Visitors currently online:
Subscribe to Blog via Email