6 Step Process for Refreshing Your Online Content
One of the things I do during the day, to keep my mind engaged in my blog business, is check the real-time stats. I’m currently using Gaug.es, but have been happy with Chartbeat and Google Analytics Real-time Beta. (Overview of Alternatives to Google Analytics)
Here’s the six-step process I go through when an older post shows up in the real-time stream.
- Date: Should we remove the dates all together?
Or maybe just refresh and repost.
- Categories: Are there any new ones to add?
- Socialization: Changing the publish date would
kill any built up Tweets or Likes. Not a problem
on this post.
- Signature Update: Mine now adds G+ and no
more bitly permalinks.
- Related Posts: It’s always a good idea to have
related content to encourage deeper reading.
- Tags: Tags are used by spiders and visitors. Can
we expand or eliminate some tags?
If someone has searched for and found an older piece of content, it is likely that it can be refreshed and brought back into the stream of your content. It’s all about being found and continuously serving up valuable content.
View or download the single slide version: How to Refresh Your Online Content
Other posts about kicking ass in social media:
- Single-Shot Social Media Strategy: LinkedIn (1-slide / 15-seconds)
- Social Media ROI Demands for 2012: Must See Charts for Marketing
- Going for the One on Google Search is Just a "Phrase Match" Away (Own It!)
- How Win with Twitter – Strategy
- Social Marketing Strategy: Thinking Beyond the Page (VIDEO)
- Social Business Lead Generation in 75-seconds (VIDEO)
- Introduction to Social Media Marketing in 90-seconds (VIDEO)
- Twitter’s Two Fatal Flaws: And My New Fake Account
- Humanizing Twitter: How to Work It Good
- Can Social Media Drive Retail Sales?
- A Month w/o My Apple Watch
- Top Twitter Spammers Still Going Strong
- So, You Don’t Understand Twitter, Let Me Explain
- Twitter’s Follow-Unfollow Game
- What Will You Make Your Life About?
- What Facebook Reach Looks Like with 2,000 Followers
- Facebook Scams? HiJacking Giftcards on Facebook? (RAYBAN, OAKLEY, APPLE)
- We’re Going Pay-per-view at UBER.LA
- Why We Keep Using Facebook: The Good, Bad, and Fail
- Empire Building with Social Media: What You Should Be Doing
Navigation & Categories
- 73Reads today:
- 6353Reads last week:
- 12336Reads this month:
- 5Visitors currently online:
Love your webhost? Check out my stellar hosting company A2Hosting!