A tweet from Brian Solis the other day referenced a Jeremiah Owyang presentation on the Role of the Social Media Strategist going way. In this 90-second video I look several reports from Altimeter Group on how the role of the social media strategist will evolve. How can a strategist address today’s challenges and keep your business focused on results rather than reaction.
The strategist’s goal is to keep your social media engagement plans current and effective. By allowing a member of your team to focus extensively on social media you are more likely to experience the potential success and avoid the overload and reactive nature of social marketing.
A few more posts about learning social media:
- Social Business Lead Generation in 75-seconds (VIDEO)
- Twitter’s New Activity Tab Explained in 75-seconds: Learning Twitter
- Hunting the CFO Online with Social Marketing (infographic)
- What is Strategic Content in Social Media?
- The 10th Discipline of Social Media; Socializing Your Content Effectively
- Introduction to Social Media Marketing in 90-seconds (VIDEO)
Link to the mobile version of my Visual Resume
Tags: altimeter group, business of social media, can social media help your business?, career paths, defining social media, jeremiah owyang, lead generation, social business, social media strategies, social media strategist, what does a social media strategist do?