The Downloadable eBook Problem: I Have the Answers
[an uber.la quickie]
How many eBooks do you download these days? They are being offered with greater frequency and greater promises. I just took a peek at this one from LinkedIn. (LinkedIn is getting into the business because they want to sign you up for a premium LinkedIn membership. Remember, Microsoft owns LinkedIn now. Don’t forget that.)
Let me see if I can spare you the time and hassle of downloading the PDF. Here’s the takeaway in less than 2-minutes. Here was the post and the promise from LinkedIn. (Oh, and my snarky comment and spoiler picture.)
So much of this fluff is just lead gen puffery. There’s nothing in this PDF you can download.
That’s it, that’s the entire takeaway from the downloadable Critical Trends for CMOs. I will outline the principles for you here in 30-seconds.
- Measurement – yes, measure your results
- Account-based marketing – yes, know your audience, market to them based on their needs
- Influencer marketing – yes, influencers are more trusted than advertisements
- Native advertising – yes, disguising advertisements as new sometimes fool more people into believing your ad
- Video – yes, people like watching SHORT videos (as in 30-seconds to 2-minutes, beyond that, they’re gone)
There you go, the entire takeaway in 2 minutes, courtesy of Uber.la. I just hate these things that promise so much and deliver bullet points rather than wisdom. Well, they deliver for the advertiser, in this case, LinkedIn. They deliver your email address and interest in LinkedIn’s premium subscription services.
Be careful out there, and practice safehex.
John McElhenney – let’s connect online
@jmacofearth & Google+ & Facebook & LinkedIn
more from uber.la
- Data Selfie – What the Internet Marketers Know About You
- Lifehack Quickie: Off-time Strategies
- Google Organic Search: the Top 10 Steps of SEO Prioritization
- How Does Facebook Suck? If It’s Free You Are the Product
- Does Type-A Always Mean Asshole?
- 11 Reasons Your Organic Traffic from Google Sucks (Infographic)
Topics of Discussion
- digital marketing
- Fit Lifestyle
- pass it forward
- tech opinion
- the artist’s way
- What’s Driving Your Traffic? Do You Know Your Top 4 Sources?
- WordPress 4.2 Added Emojis – You May Want to Remove that Sh*t
- Examining Alpha Brain from Onnit: “Clinically studied” Means What?
- Assessing Facebook’s Organic Reach Problem
- Zen and the Tennis Ball Machine – Alone with Patience and Agility
- Apple Support Wins Customer Service Gold Star: Go Apple Genius!
- Apple Has a MacBook Pro Problem: The 2018 MBP #Fail
- Writing for Your Life: How You Can Regain Clarity and Confidence
- Do You Write? Here’s How You Can Move Your Writing Forward
- Free Again: Uber.la Resets in the Positive Direction
- Facebook Has a Problem with Fake Accounts and Scammers
- Facebook PowerUser Strategy: Building My Marketing List
- Fire + Water (Memorial Day Remembrance)
- How Facebook Committed Suicide (Monetization Ain’t Everything)
- My Dell Hell Revisited – A Modern Consumer Fable
- Why Can’t We Debate Honestly About Today’s Political Morass?
- The Downloadable eBook Problem: I Have the Answers
- Loving the Body: Size, Weight, Color, Age, Fitness, Happiness
- Biohacks and BioPacks: What’s Your Health Stack?
- Biohacking Your Health for Longevity and Optimal Performance (@PaleoFX – day one)
who’s reading uber.la now
- 2364678Total reads:
- 1412Reads yesterday:
- 845864Total visitors:
- 4Visitors currently online:
- 09/13/2013Counter starts on:
Subscribe to Blog via Email