Top 5 Social Marketing Posts This Quarter – Black Friday Special
Turkey still coursing through your system? I know I had pie for breakfast and I’m about to have a turkey sandwich for lunch. But before I go, here the top 5 posts of the last quarter.
#1. Want Your BLUE iTunes Icon Back? (Yosemite OS X Fix)
Yosemite is nice and pretty, but they really botched the iTunes logo. You might think I’m being picky, but over 2,000 people have read my post and 500 of them downloaded my icon. I’m much happier, thank you.
Sometimes being successful and something comes with added risk. I’m not sure how I managed to score my dream job and not get found out. I write for the Huffington Post. Some how they didn’t Google me or look at the second paragraph of my LinkedIn profile, because on the second day they fired me. No notice, just "Your writing doesn’t reflect the brand of the company." Boom. Be careful what you wish for. And if you’re a recruiter, please Google someone before hiring them.
GoDaddy claims to have changed their ways. They’ve hired a new CMO and quieted down their abusive old man advertising. But it’s too late and too little. The site has improved a bit, but Google is faster, cheaper, and … well, Google.
Search marketing and search engine optimization are still a thing. Even as social media and social "signals" have begun dramatically influencing your Rank and Reach with Google, you need to keep your SEO chops up to date. This report delivers the latest information. Think Google+ doesn’t matter? Check the report.
The third part in a series of posts looking at the hype around social media. Why is social media so interesting if we only commit 8% of our marketing budgets to support it? What gives? Have we passed age of the "social media strategist?" Perhaps the term is too limiting. Or perhaps we’re not doing a very good job of explaining ourselves or our value proposition.
@jmacofearth (also seen on Google+: jmacofearth)
A few digital marketing resources:
- The Digital Strategist’s Notebook < a peek inside what’s making my top list
- The uber.la Quickie < Marketing Expertise from the Best Sources Summarized for you.
- Social Media University < 2 minute educational videos
- Social Business MBA < the reading list
I’d love to help your 2015 online marketing plans:
- Twitter’s Two Fatal Flaws: And My New Fake Account
- Humanizing Twitter: How to Work It Good
- Can Social Media Drive Retail Sales?
- A Month w/o My Apple Watch
- Top Twitter Spammers Still Going Strong
- So, You Don’t Understand Twitter, Let Me Explain
- Twitter’s Follow-Unfollow Game
- What Will You Make Your Life About?
- What Facebook Reach Looks Like with 2,000 Followers
- Facebook Scams? HiJacking Giftcards on Facebook? (RAYBAN, OAKLEY, APPLE)
- We’re Going Pay-per-view at UBER.LA
- Why We Keep Using Facebook: The Good, Bad, and Fail
- Empire Building with Social Media: What You Should Be Doing
Navigation & Categories
- 544Reads today:
- 5080Reads last week:
- 544Reads this month:
- 4Visitors currently online:
Love your webhost? Check out my stellar hosting company A2Hosting!