Twitter DM Problems – Spam Invading Our Twitter Inbox
Twitter updated their Direct Message inbox a few weeks ago, with a little icon that is supposed to remind you that you have DMs. That’s fine, but… the problem with Twitter DMs is they are 95% spam.
- TrueTwit – validations
- Download my eBook
- Friend me on Facebook
- Let’s Connect on LinkedIn
- Get More Followers…
- Thanks for following me…
The problem is not *noticing* that you have messages, it’s caring about any of the messages that are now more noticeable in your twitter account.
Programs like TrueTwit and Auto-Responders and Auto-Follow-backers fill your inbox with sweet nothings. There are .02% real communications in my Twitter inbox. It’s good Twitter added a "mark all as read" option, because that’s a nice way to clear your spam.
But that’s not what we needed. Not ANOTHER INBOX. If Twitter is not going to kill the TrueTwits or the Auto-Followers, Auto-Tweeters, there’s not much we can do to FIX the inbox problem. And if you’re going to use Twitter you might think twice about using a DM, just put it out there in the public stream.
Bottom Line: If you use TrueTwit or any Auto-Responding software YOU ARE THE PROBLEM.
This presentation is available on Slideshare.net: The Problem with Twitter’s Inbox
Other posts to help you kick ass in social media:
- Twitter 101: Hashtag Discovery & Business: How-To Do Social Media Marketing Research
- The 1-2-3 Guide to Getting Real with Twitter
- Why Is TrueTwit Still Alive?
- Social + Media: Two Simple Words Combined (and the Skechers Social Media Showdown)
- My Dream for You; How Social Media Can Change Your Life – This Is What I Do
- The 7 Connective Practices of a Tribe – How To Build and Support Shared Plans
- Social Media Workflow: What’s Your Daily Cadence for Sharing on Social Networks [infographic]
- Let’s Talk About Your Evil Plan(tm) – Yeah, But What Else Are You Doing?
- The Quick Course in Online Marketing: Big Picture (Social Media, Search Engine, eMail, Content Marketing)
- 8 Steps Getting Social Media To 5 Goals & 2 Wins the [INFOGRAPHIC]
- ROI ROI ROI and Social Media; We Need to Have This Discussion Again
- Social Media MBA – The Reading List
Most people don’t really enjoy being mean; they do it because they can’t help it. (from Graham’s Hierarchy of Disagreement)
- design & user experience
- executive learnings
- search engine optimization
- social media
- teaming & leadership
- tech opinion
- tech reviews
- "We Googled You" : What You’d Better Know About Your SERP on Google
- The Twitter Bubble; Don’t Let Your Number of Followers Fool You Into Feeling Influential
- Visualizing Twitter Again: I Tweet Therefore I Am
- Repeat After Me: Social Media Affects eCommerce, Yes It Does…
- The Six Pillars of Online Reputation and Brand Management
- Your Cloud of Tweets – What Are You Going On About Now?
- The Value of the "Social Influencer"
- 16 Ideas to Define Your Social Media "Thought Leadership"
- Twitter Discovery Simplified – Who To Follow & How to Find Them
- Social Media Communication Style, Listening, Responding, Conversing: Chat, IM, TXT, facebook, Twitter
Count per Day
- 445Reads today:
- 7144Reads per month: