Twitter Power Strategy
Growing a Twitter following is tedious and boring. You follow a bunch of people, hope they follow back, then you unfollow all the people who didn’t follow you back so you can open up slots to follow more people. It’s called grinding, or gaming. Or the great follow-unfollow process. It’s the only way to grow your account. Traditional growth is from 1 – 3 new followers a week, and that’s if you’re really posting great stuff all the time.
Well, now I’m going to share with you another strategy, that makes it more fun, and will increase your reach no matter what your interest in Twitter is. Here’s the trick: MULTIPLE TWITTER ACCOUNTS.
I know that doesn’t sound like a trick. And if you’re overwhelmed by “working” one Twitter account, why would you want to do more than one? Let me share my metrics with you.
When I tweet from my main account I have about 22,000 followers. And this “stream” I have honed to be 90% business as social media marketing. (2% politics, but only because I’m reckless) This is my @jmacofearth account on Twitter. (please follow)
But I have several other Twitter accounts (a lot more than I will share with you here, but most of them or dormant, for now).
I have two accounts for my Divorce blogs.
I have one political account
@99stickers – 99 Voices – 600 followers
and one fitness account
@fitbytech – Fit By Tech – 600 followers
The first three accounts I WORK and I WORK HARD. The second two, well, they are something. But I don’t work to grow them, they just are. And they give me a nice place to send my political tweets when I don’t want to clutter up my main account. And that’s the trick.
Each Twitter account should have a single point of focus. Build Twitter accounts around ideas and stick to it. Then as you get followers, you know they are interested in the topic. You will see results when you build LIVE Twitter followings. Active Twitter followers ReTweet your best stuff. How many RTs are you getting on a daily basis? That’s a pretty good indication of how well you are tweeting.
Please follow all the above accounts, my future tweets will appreciate it.
Oh, now the master stroke: the unified topic of tweets.
When I tweet on any of the above topics I can broadcast to all of my Twitter accounts without fear of damaging my brand. That doubles my reach. And that, my friend, is a master stroke.
Make sure you use Tweetdeck (see Twitter for the Win on the Active Media Academy) to manage multiple accounts. You’ll wonder how you did it with Twitter.com alone.
Topics of Discussion
- digital marketing
- Fit Lifestyle
- pass it forward
- tech opinion
- the artist’s way
- What’s Driving Your Traffic? Do You Know Your Top 4 Sources?
- WordPress 4.2 Added Emojis – You May Want to Remove that Sh*t
- Examining Alpha Brain from Onnit: “Clinically studied” Means What?
- Assessing Facebook’s Organic Reach Problem
- Zen and the Tennis Ball Machine – Alone with Patience and Agility
- Apple Support Wins Customer Service Gold Star: Go Apple Genius!
- Apple Has a MacBook Pro Problem: The 2018 MBP #Fail
- Writing for Your Life: How You Can Regain Clarity and Confidence
- Do You Write? Here’s How You Can Move Your Writing Forward
- Free Again: Uber.la Resets in the Positive Direction
- Facebook Has a Problem with Fake Accounts and Scammers
- Facebook PowerUser Strategy: Building My Marketing List
- Fire + Water (Memorial Day Remembrance)
- How Facebook Committed Suicide (Monetization Ain’t Everything)
- My Dell Hell Revisited – A Modern Consumer Fable
- Why Can’t We Debate Honestly About Today’s Political Morass?
- The Downloadable eBook Problem: I Have the Answers
- Loving the Body: Size, Weight, Color, Age, Fitness, Happiness
- Biohacks and BioPacks: What’s Your Health Stack?
- Biohacking Your Health for Longevity and Optimal Performance (@PaleoFX – day one)
who’s reading uber.la now
- 2296589Total reads:
- 1324Reads yesterday:
- 829219Total visitors:
- 5Visitors currently online:
- 09/13/2013Counter starts on:
Subscribe to Blog via Email