Visualizing Twitter Again: I Tweet Therefore I Am
The API-sucking apps for Twitter are seriously where the fun begins and ends with Twitter. The network is cool, the followers (though I hate that name) also cool. But the apps working the network is where the real innovation is happening. What has Twitter proper done lately in the way of innovation? Fail? And did I read recently that 90% of Twitter’s server load is due to API calls and not people on Twitter.com. So where will Twitter.com, or Biz and Co. at Twitter the company, add value? Cause if Twitter is just a network (and I’d argue that it is), it can/will be replicated and sucked down by Google or Microsoft or Oracle in a wingbeat. Pay attention.
Twittercounter (measure your growth, see effects of your strategies)
Tweetbeep (it’s like google alerts but for twitter)
tweetreach (how far do your tweets go?)
backtweets (search links on twitter)
twittervenn (venn diagrams using twitter data)
I still think for trending, TwitterVenn may be my favorite tool to show brand reach and currency. Example: So, do you suppose it’s just mac fanboys who are creating such a roar about Apple? Apple is 5 times more likely to be discussed than HP or Dell. And more than twice as frequently as HP or Dell combined. That’s Reach and Power combined.
Twittaholic (rankings by geo and topic)
Several Great apps were effectively killed by Twitters API 2 Update.
xefer.com (charting the time of day and day of the week when you tweet)
twist (see trends in Twitter)
Did I miss one of your favorite visualization tools for Twitter? Drop me a line or a comment and I’ll add it to my list. THX
@jmacofearth (also seen on Google+: jmacofearth)
Other posts to help you kick ass in social media:
- Nobody Reads Your Blog: Sorry! Get Over It and Get On With It
- Twitter Death – Suspended Accounts: FEAR THIS "Your account is currently suspended"
- Twitter 101: Hashtag Discovery & Business: How-To Do Social Media Marketing Research
- How Social Media Can Change Your Business – Social Media Strategist Notebook
- The 7 Connective Practices of a Tribe – How To Build and Support Shared Plans
- Social Media Workflow: What’s Your Daily Cadence for Sharing on Social Networks [infographic]
- Let’s Talk About Your Evil Plan(tm) – Yeah, But What Else Are You Doing?
- The Quick Course in Online Marketing: Big Picture (Social Media, Search Engine, eMail, Content Marketing)
- 8 Steps Getting Social Media To 5 Goals & 2 Wins the [INFOGRAPHIC]
Let me help you jumpstart your social marketing:
FluentSocial (Social Media Marketing)
FluentSearch (SEO, Google Adwords)
- design & user experience
- executive learnings
- search engine optimization
- social media
- teaming & leadership
- tech opinion
- tech reviews
- How Can a Social Media Strategist Help Your Business? How is Your Social Plan Evolving? (VIDEO)
- The 8-step Social Media Strategic Plan – Simplified [INFOGRAPHIC]
- "We Googled You" : What You’d Better Know About Your SERP on Google
- The Twitter Bubble; Don’t Let Your Number of Followers Fool You Into Feeling Influential
- Visualizing Twitter Again: I Tweet Therefore I Am
- Repeat After Me: Social Media Affects eCommerce, Yes It Does…
- The Six Pillars of Online Reputation and Brand Management
- Your Cloud of Tweets – What Are You Going On About Now?
- The Value of the "Social Influencer"
- 16 Ideas to Define Your Social Media "Thought Leadership"
let’s connectI am available for public speaking, team trainings, or social media strategic planning & execution. Call (512) 524-6684 or use the contact page.
In addition to direct consulting, I work with the digital marketing agency Fluent Social.
Count per Day
- 301Reads today:
- 24655Reads per month: