Who Are You Eating With? Notice Who You Are Inviting To Lunch
There’s a great book called Never Eat Alone: And Other Secrets to Success, One Relationship at a Time that talks about networking over casual conversation. And this morning as I was pulling into a breakfast meeting with a business friend, I was struck by another concept. It has something to do with the people you hang with being of similar social and economic levels as you.
The idea is that your peer group is not only an indicator of your performance and habits, they may also be a predictor of future success or failure.
So walking into the restaurant to meet my friend, I was noticing the cars on either side of mine. An Mercedes SLK and a BMW M-series. Some smart people are having breakfast here this morning. I wouldn’t mind upgrading my 33o to an M, but all the same, we were having breakfast at the same place.
So who are you brainstorming with? Do you have the C-level mindset, or are you still trying to work your way up from client/creative/account services?
I’m not suggesting that you go out looking for higher-level friendships. BUT, do start to cultivate the relationships and lunch/coffee dates that will inspire and continue to grow your success and sphere of influence. We are our circle of influence. And the closer we are to the SLK the closer we are to getting the SLK. If that’s out dream.
Make every lunch count. You ARE who you eat with.
Marketing Content has moved!! >> Find What You Were Looking for on
The Active Media Academy
- A Highly-Biased First Look at the Apple iPhone 8 and ATT Customer Service
- LinkedIn is Dead
- WTF Happened to LinkedIn? Referrals Drop 75%!
- When Did Social Media Become So Unsocial?
- Has Apple Lost the Path of Technology Leadership?
- Your Referral Networks - Building Content & Social Momentum
- The Internet of Interaction, Not "Things" NO IoT
- Influencer Marketing Primer
- bloglovin link
- Content Is Still King: Driving Traffic to your Site with Search and Social
- The Facebook Trap: A Black Hole of Time and Loss
- Top 5 Books About Living a Full and Happy Life
- 11 Steps to Transforming My Facebook Masterplan: Reach and Engagement
- The Fallacy of Just-In-Time Learning: We All Know Everything (Just Google It)
- Selling My BMW i3: Day 207
- Livening Up Facebook: The Next Generation
- Moore's Law and Apple's Laptop Problem
- The Social Media Problem
- Why You Probably Will Not Own an EV (A Harrowing Day w/ the BMW i3)
- An Animal Hunger
Get Better Hosting
- digital marketing
- Fit Lifestyle
- tech opinion
Count per Day
- 1146Reads today:
- 12448Reads last week:
- 2Visitors currently online:
Subscribe to Blog via Email