WTF Happened to LinkedIn? Referrals Drop 75%!
Back in the day, LinkedIn used to be a resource for information, best practices, and the latest and greatest news and information about marketing and sales. Well, something, besides their redesign to make LinkedIn look just like Facebook, has happened and my LinkedIn referrals are in the toilet. It seems like everyone is using LinkedIn, only no one is paying attention or clicking on the wealth of great information being provided.
I seed content to LinkedIn three times a day. All of it is relevant, new, and well targeted. And according to LinkedIn I have close to 2,000 followers. How come StumbleUpon, a platform that was nearly dead a year ago, is now out-pacing my referral links from LinkedIn? Do conversations still happen on LinkedIn? Is it all happening in the groups? What am I missing?
I’ve posted several questions on LinkedIn. Just plain old, "Hey Network, what do you think about this?" and I have gotten ZERO responses. Nobody has time for LinkedIn? My questions were not provocative enough? What’s going on?
Here are my 5-month social referral numbers.
Pinterest is giving me as many referrals as LinkedIn.
Here is the deeper dive into all of my referral traffic.
Of course, organic search is number one, by a long shot. It’s still a little hard for me to understand how I can do so much work socially for so little return. But LinkedIn has really fallen off the map. Perhaps this next month I will post into my groups and see if the life is there, though I doubt it.
So, how did LinkedIn become so marginalized? I know it feels a lot like Facebook when I’m browsing. But people are sharing a ton of content. And NOBODY is clicking? How is that possible? Are we really just using LinkedIn as a resume portal?
How do you use LinkedIn? Have you seen a change since Microsoft took control? Do you pay for LinkedIn? What has LinkedIn become? I’d love to hear about your experiences in the comments.
@jmacofearth (also seen on Google+: jmacofearth)
Marketing Content has moved!! >> Find What You Were Looking for on
The Active Media Academy
- What's Wrong With Twitter?
- A Highly-Biased First Look at the Apple iPhone 8 and ATT Customer Service
- LinkedIn is Dead
- WTF Happened to LinkedIn? Referrals Drop 75%!
- When Did Social Media Become So Unsocial?
- Has Apple Lost the Path of Technology Leadership?
- Your Referral Networks - Building Content & Social Momentum
- The Internet of Interaction, Not "Things" NO IoT
- Influencer Marketing Primer
- bloglovin link
- Content Is Still King: Driving Traffic to your Site with Search and Social
- The Facebook Trap: A Black Hole of Time and Loss
- Top 5 Books About Living a Full and Happy Life
- 11 Steps to Transforming My Facebook Masterplan: Reach and Engagement
- The Fallacy of Just-In-Time Learning: We All Know Everything (Just Google It)
- Selling My BMW i3: Day 207
- Livening Up Facebook: The Next Generation
- Moore's Law and Apple's Laptop Problem
- The Social Media Problem
- Why You Probably Will Not Own an EV (A Harrowing Day w/ the BMW i3)
Get Better Hosting
- digital marketing
- Fit Lifestyle
- tech opinion
Count per Day
- 1301Reads today:
- 12032Reads last week:
- 5Visitors currently online:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
09/25/2017 at 8:27 am
[…] WTF Happened to LinkedIn? Referrals Drop 75%! […]